Bio: Schwieso, Evelyn (Resigned as Librarian - 1966)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, WI) 05 May 1966
Schwieso, Evelyn (May 1966)
Miss Evelyn Schwieso, librarian at the Loyal Public Library for nearly twenty-three years has accepted another position. She will be employed foe Max Langfeldt and Sons, a position she has been at on a part-time basis for the past two years.
Mrs. Dorothy Trindal will be the new librarian. With the change of personnel, the library will soon occupy larger quarters in the Municipal Building, where it is exchanging quarters with the City Council.
Miss Schwieso has lived her entire life in Loyal. She attended St. Anthony’s Catholic School and Loyal High School. She was employed at the library on October 1943, when she was hired on a trial basis for three months by a board composed of Mrs. Mae McDonigal, Mrs. M. Heaslett, Mrs. Ed Bertz, Mrs. Edith Ohlrogge, Mrs. Roy Hales and Mrs. L. A. Davel.
Miss Schwieso succeeded Mrs. Hugh Gwin when she moved away from the community. For a number of years she spent a week each summer attending workshops sponsored by the Wisconsin Library Association.
The library’s collection of books has about doubled from 3,035 to 6,056 during the period of time Miss Schwieso was librarian. A 11,000 circulation was had last year. The library operates on an abbreviated schedule.
In 1948 the American Legion Auxiliary donated a “Memorial Shelf” dedicated “In Honor of the Living and in Memorial of the Dead.”
Present members of the board are Mrs. Roy Hales, President, Mrs. L. A. Davel, treasurer, Mrs. Dorothie Tridal, secretary, Mrs. Minnie Cox, Mrs. Werner Barry, Mrs. Edd Dobbe, Mrs. Leona Erickson, Mrs. Ruth Lieske and Mrs. Paul Davel.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs