Obit: DeGroote, Charles J. (1873 - 1956)
Surnames: DeGroote, Pinion, Engeldinger, Ohlinger, Kesler, Kaiser, Leeds, Wagner, Majeswski, Kesler
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 12/20/1956
DeGroote, Charles J. (1873 - Dec. 1956)
Funeral services were held at St. Mary’s church in Colby, Wisconsin on Monday morning, Dec. 17, at 10:00 o’clock for Charles J. DeGroote, a former resident of Colby, Wisconsin, who died at the age of 83 years. He was a resident of Pet Water, Mich. Rev. John Pinion officiated. Pall bearers were Albert Engeldinger, Arnold Ohlinger, Oliver Kesler, George, Myron and Walter Kaiser, all nephews of the deceased.
Charles DeGroote was married at St. Killian’s church in Colby in July, 1903, to the former May Kesler who preceded him in death 36 years ago. The following children survive: Charles of Escanaba, Mich., Francis of Marinette, Mrs. Harold (Esther) Leeds of Park Ridge, Ill., Leo of Stratford, Mrs. Wm. (Eva) Wagner of Milwaukee, Vernis of Mt. Pleasant, Mich., Mrs. Richard (Dorothy) Majewski of Chicago, Ill., Leona DeGroote of Chicago, Ill., and Arthur of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. One brother, two sisters and 15 grand children also survive.
Out of town relatives and friends here for the funeral were Vernis DeGroote of Mt. Pleasant, Mich., Mr. and Mrs. Francis DeGroote of Marinette, Mr. and Mrs. Clarence DeGroote of Escanaba, Mich., Mr. and Mrs. Harold Leeds, Susan and Harold, Jr., of Park Ridge, Ill., Mr. and Mrs. Math Kesler of Clintonville, Mr. and Mrs. Richard Majewski, Louis and Bobby, and Miss Leona DeGroote of Chicago, Mrs. Wm. Wagner and Arthur DeGroote of Milwaukee, Mr. and Mrs. Leo DeGroote, Mary and Cathy of Rozelville, Mr. and Mrs. Olive Kesler of Greenwood, Mr. and Mrs. Myron Kaiser, George, Walter, Peter, Math and Frank Kaiser of Stratford.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs