BioM: Gautsche, Eleanore M. (1947)
Surnames: Gautsche, Wigley, Dahl
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 12/25/1947
Gautsche, Eleanor M. (15 DEC 1947)
The church parlor of the First Congregational Church at Appleton was the scene of a quiet and impressive wedding ceremony at four-thirty p.m. Monday, Dec. 15, 1947, uniting Eleanor M. Gautsche, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Gautsche, New London, and Mr. Kenneth Wigley, Minneapolis. Dr. D. S. Forbush performed the ceremony at which only the immediate relatives of the couple were present.
The bride was attired in a regular blue crepe afternoon dress and wore white hat and gloves. Her only jewelry was a necklace and bracelet of Cameos brought from Italy by the groom. She carried a bouquet of white pompoms, pink carnations and snapdragons.
Attending her sister as bridesmaid was Miss Betty Gautsche, wearing an aqua crepe afternoon dress and black and white hat and gloves similar to the bride’s. She also carried a bouquet of white pompoms, pink carnations and snapdragons.
The groom was attended by Mr. Hilding Dahl, Minneapolis. Both men wore blue business suits and with carnation boutonnieres.
A wedding dinner was served the bridal party at the Candle Glow Tea Room, Appleton, following the ceremony.
A wedding reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents in the evening.
The newlyweds will make their home in Minneapolis where the groom owns and operates a barber and beauty shop.
Those from away who came for the occasion were: Miss Kathryn Wigley, Mr. Hilding Dahl, Minneapolis; Miss Lois Gautsche, Oshkosh; Mr. and Mrs. L. C. Hoha, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Purgett and Mahlon Purgett, Owen (Clark Co., Wis.); Mr. and Mrs. P. H. Rohan, Mr. and Mrs. Mark Lownep, Bear Creek, and Mr. and Mrs. Harold Dieck, Clintonville.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs