Genevieve M. (1934)
Surnames: Schumacher, Leichtman, Kuelbach, Leichtnam, Krupka, Herman
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 06/21/1934
Schumacher, Genevieve M. (Marriage - 18 June 1934)
St. Louis Catholic church at Dorchester was the scene of a pretty wedding Monday morning at 8:30 o’clock when Miss Genevieve M. Schumacher, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Schumacher of Dorchester, became the bride of Archie M. Leichtman of Abbotsford, Wis. Father N. Kuelbach performed the double ring ceremony at the nuptial high mass.
The bride wore a lovely white satin and lace gown with white accessories. Her long veil was held in place by a cap effect. She carried a bouquet of white roses and sweet peas.
Miss Margaret and Josephine Schumacher, sisters of the bride, acted as bridesmaids and were attired in pink and blue dresses respectively and wore rhinestone headbands and white gloves and slippers. They carried bouquets of snapdragons, carnations and forget-me-nots. The groom was attended by Myron Decker and Leonard LaFontaine, who were attired in light dannel trousers and dark coats.
A reception followed at the home of the bride’s parents immediately after the ceremony, with approximately 50 immediate friends and relatives in attendance. Dinner was served with covers laid for 50. The Schumacher home was decorated for the occasion in blue, pink and white paper and with cut flowers and peonies.
Those from away who attended the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. S. A. Krepka and family, Milladore; Mr. and Mrs. Geo. Schumacher, Kohler; Mr. and Mrs. Albert Leichtnam and family, and Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Herman and family, Abbotsford, Wis.
The groom is employed by the Bootzin company. The young couple will make their home in Abbotsford and will be at home to their friends after July 1.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs