BioA: Quast, Mr./Mrs. Joseph (Gold - 1938)
Surnames: Quast, Fischer, Prock, Kinnear, de Kennen,
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) (07 Jul 1938)
Quast, Mr./Mrs. Joseph (Gold - 3 JUL 1938)
On Sunday, July 3, 1938, Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Quast celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary surrounded by all of their children and a few friends.
At 6:00 p.m. a delicious dinner was served to thirty-three people at the Lyon's restaurant. A three-tiered wedding cake, made by Mrs. Hugo Quast, and trimmed in gold leaves on white frosting and the figure "50", was part of the table decoration. After teh dinner Rev. J.J. Novak gave a few very appropriate remarks and congratulated Mr. and Mrs. Quast on their golden anniversary. The guests then adjourned to the Quast home, where a delightful evening was spent in visiting.
On July 3, 1888, at St. John's Catholic Church at Jefferson, Miss Caroline Fischer and Joseph Quast were united in marriage by Rev. Dr. Jaeger. They were attended by Miss Elizabeth Quast, sister of the groom, and George Fischer, brother of the bride. Miss Quast passed away many years ago, but Mr. Fischer was able to attend.
Mr. and Mrs. Quast resided at Jefferson until 1907 when they came to Clark County and settled on a farm south of Greenwood. In 1917 they moved to our city and have resided here ever since. To this union were born eight children, Agnes, Mrs. Linus Prock of Globe; Hugo of Willard; Esther, Mrs. Robert Kinnear, Edna, Mrs. August de Kennen, Florence, Mrs. John Paully, and John, all of Milwaukee. Two children died in infancy. They have eight grandchildren and one great grandchild.
While in Jefferson Mr. Quast was County treasurer for many years and in Greenwood served as one of the trustees of St. Mary's Church. The last few years Mr. Quast's health has not been very good.
They received a purse of money from the children and many gifts from friends.
Those who attended were Mr. and Mrs. Linus Prick and daughter De ...(The rest of my copy was cut off)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs