BioM: Lightfoot, La Dona (1950)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Email: dolores@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

Surnames: Lightfoot, Diercks, Knoop, Walker, Janke, Stucki

----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) July 27, 1950

Lightfoot, LaDonna (Marriage - 22 July 1950)

SISTERS AND BROTHERS IN A DOUBLE WEDDING - Diercks Daughter and Son Marry Lightfoot Son and Daughter

At a candlelight service held on Saturday evening at the Zion Reformed Church in Neillsville, Miss La Dona Lightfoot became the bride of Chester Diercks and Miss Shirley Diercks became the bride of James Lightfoot. Shirley and Chester are the son and daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Carl Diercks of Neillsville and La Dona and James are the daughter and son of Mr. and Mrs. Jake Lightfoot of Whitehall.

The double ring service was performed by the Rev. Ben Stucki (unreadable) a setting of lighted candles and white streamer decorations.

The brides wore beautiful gowns of white marquisette over satin and carried bridal bouquets of red roses and white gladioli. They were attended by Mrs. Florence Knoop who wore a gown of pink and Mrs. Nell Walker who wore green.

The grooms’ attendants were Jake Lightfoot, brother of the bride and Eugene Diercks, brother of the groom.

A reception was held in the church basement.

Mr. and Mrs. Diercks will make their home in Neillsville and Mr. and Mrs. Lightfoot will make their home at Whitehall.

Among the guests were Pvt. Eugene Diercks of Texas, Mr. and Mrs. Leo Janke of Humbird and Mr. and Mrs. Gale Lightfoot of Altoona.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE