BioM: Gabriel, Rowene (1948)
Surnames: Gabriel, Mahoney, Wilson, Knaack
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 07/08/1948
Gabriel, Rowene (3 JUL 1948)
At an informal double ring ceremony at St. Bernard’s Church in Abbotsford at :30 Saturday morning, July 3, 1948, Miss Rowene Charlotte Gabriel, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Roy Gabriel of Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), and Willburt James Mahoney, Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. W. J. Mahoney, Sr., also of Owen, exchanged nuptial vows. Fr. Brockman read the ceremony before members of both families.
The bride chose an ivory crepe gown with cap sleeves and full skirt trimmed with gold embroidery at the neckline and sleeves. She wore matching lace mitts and carried a bouquet of tea roses, sweet peas and baby’s breath. Her hat and shoes were gold.
Mrs. J. E. Wilson of Oconomowoc, sister of the groom, who served as matron of honor, wore an aqua blue gown with white accessories and carried a bouquet of pink rosebuds and baby’s breath. Donald Knaack of Owen served as best man.
Mrs. Gabriel, mother of the bride, was dressed in a gray and green print sheer with green accessories, and wore a corsage of tea roses. A gardenia corsage adorned the pale green dress with which Mrs. Mahoney, mother of the groom, wore brown accessories.
A twelve o’clock wedding breakfast was served the guests at Old Heidelberg in Medford, after which the couple left for a honeymoon in northern Wisconsin.
Mrs. Mahoney attended Owen High School, graduating with the class of 1943, and graduated from Lawrence College in Appleton with a Bachelor of Music degree.
Mr. Mahoney also attended Owen High School and graduated in 1943. He served in the U. S. Navy three years and attended River Falls State Teachers’ College. He is employed by the L. M. Berry Co. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Out of town guests included Miss Bertha Hogan, Mrs. J. G. Charles and Mr. L. T. Pond, all of Eau Claire; and J. E. Wilson and Miss Patricia Wilson of Oconomowoc.
The bride was entertained at a miscellaneous shower given by Mrs. Jack Wilson and Mrs. Emery Erickson on Thursday, July 1.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs