Surnames: McManus, Flader, Hagen, Nagel, Ward
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 07/15/1948
McManus, Delta (10 JUL 1948)
The Presbyterian Church in Jump River was the scene Saturday afternoon, July 10, 1948, of the wedding of Miss Delta McManus, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Clarence McManus of Jump River, and Thomas D. Flader of Denver, Colo. Reading the 3 o’clock ceremony was the Rev. Wild of Cornell. "Because" and "The Lord’s Prayer" were sung by Mrs. Gladys Extrom, accompanied at the piano by Barbara Hagen, Waseca, Minn.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride wore a gown of white Marquisette over taffeta with a round neckline and long sleeves and an off the face blusher veil of shoulder length. White carnatiosn with tiny buds and streamers decked the white prayer book which she carried.
Miss Norma Hagen of Waseca, Minn., acted as maid of honor, wearing an aqua formal of marquisette over taffeta. Her corsage was made up of pink and white carnations.
Paul Nagel of Jump River was best man.
Among the 100 guests who attended the reception in the church parlors immediately following the ceremony were:
Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Ward, Wausau; Phyllis and Dean Ward, Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Ed Clemons, Kenosha; Mrs. Angeline McManus and three daughters, Jean, Joan, and Betty, Gilman; Mr. and Mrs. Armond Christopherson, Stanley; Mr. and Mrs. Russell Plumber and Mrs. John Blastick, Ladysmith; Mrs. D. Hagen and three daughters, Norma, Ruth and Barbara, Waseca, Minn.
Following the honeymoon in northern Wisconsin the bridal couple will visit the bride’s parents before returning to Denver, Colorado to make their home.
The bride is an R. N. and at present is nursing in a children’s hospital in Denver. The groom is employed by General Electric in that city.
The bride is a granddaughter of Mrs. Maude Ward of this city (Owen, Clark Co., Wis.).
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs