Obit: Finnegan, Julia A. (1857 - 1947)
Contact: Stan
Email: stan@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

Surnames: Finnegan, Lynch, Beller, Kolbielus, Taggert, Kobielus

----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 04/17/1947

Finnegan, Julia A. (14 DEC 1857 - 9 APR 1947)

Julia Ann Finnegan, 89, who moved to Ladysmith nearly 20 years ago, passed away there April 9, 1947, after a short illness. She had suffered a light stroke five days previously. Death occurred at the home of her daughter, Mrs. John Kobielus.

Julia Ann Lynch was born in Milwaukee on Dec. 14, 1857. Her marriage to Patrick Finnegan took place at St. John’s Church at Morrison, Wis., on Nov. 19, 1876. To this union nine children were born. Mrs. Finnegan had lived at Morrison, Wis., Wrightstown and Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and moving to Ladysmith after the death of her husband on June 7, 1928.

She was a member of the Catholic Church, the Third Order of St. Francis and the Altar Society.

Survivors are three daughters, Bertha (Sr. Mary Isabelle), of Notre Dame Sister, Superior; Mrs. George Beller (Mary), Waukesha; Mrs. John Kolbielus (Martha), Ladysmith; a son, Robert E. Finnegan, Chicago; 11 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren. Five children, the late Mrs. Frank Taggart, William, Mable, Cecelia and James preceded their mother in death.

Funeral services were held for the deceased at Our Lady of Sorrows Church, Ladysmith, on Saturday morning at nine o’clock. Interment was made in St. Bernard’s Cemetery at Thorp, with a service by Rev. A. M. Muckerheide at 11:30 a.m. at the grave.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE