Surnames: Merwin, Remmel, Hauck, Prosser, Brown, Mohelnitzky, Baker
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 06/13/1935
Merwin, Hazel (Marriage - 8 June 1935)
On Saturday morning June 8th at St. Mary’s Rectory, at Wausau, occurred the marriage of Miss Hazel Merwin of Wausau, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ben Merwin of Abbotsford, and Ralph J. Remmel, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Remmel of Wausau. The double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. J. B. Hauck, pastor of St. Mary’s parish of Wausau.
Miss Loretta Remmel, sister of the bridegroom and Harold Merwin, brother of the bride, attended the couple. The bride wore a frock of violet cordova sheer with accessories of white and carried an arm bouquet of talisman roses, snapdragons, lace flowers, violets and carnations. Miss Remmel wore a frock of beige sheer with accessories of brown and carried an arm bouquet of mixed flowers.
The ceremony was followed with a wedding breakfast at the home of the bridegroom’s parents, with covers being laid for thirty. The tables were beautifully decorated with a large wedding cake, tall white tapers and cut flowers.
Mr. and Mrs. Remmel departed immediately after the breakfast for Chicago and Milwaukee where they are spending their honeymoon. Upon their return they will reside at 612 ½ Harrison Blvd. and will be at home to friends after June 16.
Out of town guests at the wedding were Mr. and Mrs. Ben Merwin of Abbotsford, parents of the bride, and Arvin and Harold Merwin, brothers of the bride, Mrs. Francis Prosser and daughter, Dolly, Mr. and Mrs. Charley Brown and Mrs. Emily Merwin of Abbotsford; Mrs. L. G. Mohelnitzky and daughter Patsy Jean and son Jackie of Stevens Point and Miss Sue Baker of Chippewa Falls.
For traveling the bride wore a dress of dusty pink, white swagger coat and white accessories.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs