Dorothy B. (1947)
Surnames: Briski, Harycki
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 08/21/1947
Harycki, Dorothy B. (2 AUG 1947)
A very pretty wedding took place at ten o’clock on Saturday morning, Aug. 2nd, 1947, at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church at Thorp (Clark Co.), Wis., when Miss Dorothy Barbara Harycki, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. basil Harycki, became the bride of Michael Briski, Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Briski, Sr., of Greenwood, Wis.
The altars were beautifully decorated with white flowers and candlelight, at which Rev. Francis Piekarski performed the double ring ceremony. At offertory the "Ave Maria" was very beautifully sung by Conrad Mendalski.
The bride entered the church on the arm of her father on a white rug. The bride was attired in a white sheer marquisette gown with drop shoulders and her waist was flared with a double peplum, which was trimmed with lace. Her long veil was held in place with a crown of orange blossom clusters. Her veil was edged with lace identical to that on her gown. The bride carried a bouquet of all white roses and lily of the valley streamers. She also carried her sister’s prayer book covered with satin. The bride wore a double strand of pearls.
The bride dedicated a bouquet of all white asters to the Blessed Virgin as the choir sang "Oh Beautiful Mother."
Miss Florence Harycki, sister of the bride, who was maid of honor, was attired in a light green marquisette gown, which was trimmed with a peplum with matching appliqué. She wore long matching gloves. She carried a bouquet of yellow gladiolas tied with a light green ribbon. She wore a matching cluster of flowers in her hair. Miss Ann Harycki, sister of the bride, who was first bridesmaid, was attired in a yellow marquisette gown identical to that of the maid of honor. The bride’s other attendants were Miss Helen Briski, sister of the groom, and Miss Zara Briski, also a sister of the groom. They all were attired in identical gowns and the bridesmaids all carried bouquets of light pink gladiolas tied with yellow ribbon. They all wore long matching gloves and had matching clusters of flowers in their hair. The attendants all carried matching rosaries, a gift of the bride.
Frank Briski, brother of the groom, acted as best man and the groom’s other attendants were Joseph Harycki, brother of the bride, and Robert Briski, cousin of the groom. The groom and his attendants wore black tuxedos. The groom wore a white rose boutonniere and his attendants wore white carnation boutonnieres.
The bride’s mother was attired in a grey dress with white accessories. The groom’s mother was attired in a blue picture dress with navy blue accessories. They both wore corsages of white gladiolas and red roses.
Immediately after the ceremony a reception was held in the P.N.A. Hall at Thorp, Wis., for about 600 guests. Music was furnished by Leon Lahiewski and his Orchestra.
After returning from their honeymoon the newlyweds will make their home in Greenwood, Wis.
Out of town guests attending were: Miss Ann Harycki, Frank Briski, Misses Mary, Helen, Zara and Olga Briski, Mrs. Frank Vivoda and daughters, Mr. and Mrs. E. J. Kautenberger, Miss Dorothy Krutenberger, Mr. and Mrs. tony Briski and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Alex Delis, Mr. and Mrs. Martin Naleway and family, Mrs. Lorrayn Clark and daughter, Mrs. Matt Stimac and Mrs. Joseph Koralik, all of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Hinker and son, Mr. and Mrs. Martin Malowick and daughters, of Bensenville, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. William Mrozinski of Melrose Par., Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Jack Mueller and family of Berwyn, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. John Duluk of Detroit, Mich.; Kenneth and Beverly Miller of Gary, Ind.; Mrs. John Straszkowski and son Edwin of Marinette, Wis.; Mrs. Bernice Klasinski and daughter of Stevens Point, Wis. and Mr. and Mrs. Walter Olejnieczak and family of Gilman, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.