Surnames: Markowski, Juszyczyk, Skalecki, Bassel, Yanci, Wartolec, Kupeseski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 08/21/1947
Markowski, Vern (9 AUG 1947)
St. Hedwig’s Church, Thorp (Clark Co.), Wis. was the scene of a pretty wedding Aug. 9th, 1947, when Miss Vern Markowski, daughter of Mrs. Angeline Markowski, and Mr. Joseph Juszyczyk Jr., son of Mr. Joseph Juszyczyk of Sobieski, Wis., were united in marriage at a solemn high mass by Rev. Francis Piekarski, assisted by Rev. Kamla and Rev. Kaim, in a double ring ceremony at 10 o’clock.
The church altars were decorated with garden flowers, palms and candlelight. The Sisters of St. Hedwig’s Church played the wedding march and were assisted by Mrs. F. P. Neiman and Edmund Mendalski, who sang "Ave Maria."
The bride was escorted to the altar by her brother, John, to the strains of a wedding march, played on the organ by Sisters of St. Hedwig’s and violin by Anton Cesafsky, brother-in-law of the bride. The bridal party marched down the center aisle which was laid with a white rug.
The bride’s gown was of champagne satin, Carson neckline set in with lace and rhinestones. It was fashioned with a slim bodice adorned with lace and rhinestones, and full length sleeves pointed at the wrists. The full gathered skirt extended into a long train. Her long French imported veil fell from a crown set in with rhinestones. She carried a prayer book with gardenias and showers of stephanotis attached to satin streamers. Her only jewelry was a string of pearls, gift of the groom.
Miss Jean Bassel was first bridesmaid, attired in an ice blue gown with taffeta bodice and a full nylon skirt with ruffles with matching flowered headdress.
Ida Skalecki, sister of the bride, was matron of honor, dressed in a slim bodice of yellow taffeta and a full nylon skirt edged with ruffles with matching flowered headdress.
The bridesmaids, Elaine Markowski and Vern Yanci, were attired in ice blue gowns of taffeta bodice and full nylon skirts edged with ruffles with matching flowered headdress. Each wore two strand pearl necklaces, a gift of the bride.
The groom wore a tuxedo and a gardenia boutonniere. He was lead to the altar by his aunt, Mrs. Sliva, and was attended by Alex Markowski, brother of the bride, and Edward Wartolec, nephew of the bride. They all wore tuxedos and a white carnation boutonniere.
Little Delores Markowski, niece of the bride, was the flower girl. She was attired in yellow, with a slim bodice and a full nylon skirt. The ring bearer was Kenneth Skalecki, nephew of the bride. He wore a tuxedo, with tails and carried a beautiful satin pillow, edged with lace and streamers. To it were attached the bride and groom’s rings.
After the ceremony the bride carried white gladiolas to the altar of the Blessed Virgin and the groom prayed at the altar of the Sacred Heart.
After leaving the altar to the strains of the wedding march the bride and groom were met by Elaine Kupieseski as a surprise flower girl.
The bride’s mother wore a lace pink gown and white accessories and a corsage of otalism roses.
The groom’s aunt wore a pink dress with blue accessories and a corsage of otalism roses.
Immediately following the ceremony a reception was held at the P.N.A. Hall with about 300 persons attending.
The newlyweds will take a wedding trip to the Yellowstone Nation Park. They will reside in Chicago, where they are employed. The groom is a superintendant of the Ludlow Typograph Co. of Chicago.
Out of town guests attending were: Mr. and Mrs. J. Sliva, Mr. and Mrs. John Kelly, Mr. and Mrs. Walter Markowski, Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Skalecki, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Markowski, Mr. and Mrs. Chester Nowatarski, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Kupiseski, Edward Wartolec, Alex Markowski, Frank Markowski, all of Chicago; Anton Markowski of Harrisburg, Pen.; Vern Yanci of Steelton, Pa.; Mr. and Mrs. Charles Hornback of Eau Claire, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.