Surnames: Szpara, Carroll, Czapiewski, Mazzulla, Ray, Flynn
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 08/28/1947
Szpara, Catherine (9 AUG 1947)
On Saturday afternoon, Aug. 9th, 1947 at five o’clock, Miss Emily Szpara, daughter of Mrs. Catherine Szpara, became the bride of James Carroll, son of Mr. and Mrs. James W. Carroll in a double ring ceremony, performed by Rev. Karpowicz at St. James Church in Chicago.
The bridal party entered the church down the center aisle which was laid with a white rug.
The bride was given away by her cousin Edward Czapiewski. She was attired in a gown of white brocaded organza and wore a pearl necklace. Her lace trimmed fingertip veil fell gracefully from a tiara of orange blossoms. She carried a bouquet of white roses and sweet peas with an orchid in the center. In the solemn part of the ceremony she carried a bouquet of white gladiolas to the altar of the Blessed Virgin.
Her bridesmaids, Clara Szpara, sister of the bride, and Frances Mazzulla, friend of the bride, wore Nile green marquisette gowns and crownless picture hats which matched their gowns. They wore gold lockets, a gift from the bride. They carried yellow roses.
The groom chose as his attendants, his brothers-in-law, George Ray and Paul Flynn. They all wore dark trousers and white dinner jackets with carnation boutonnieres.
The bride’s mother and the groom’s mother were both dressed in navy blue. They wore corsages of white roses.
The reception was held at the Lions Building, 4306 W. North Ave., where dinner was served to about 400 guests. Edward Kazmarek and his orchestra furnished music throughout the evening.
After a honeymoon to northern Minnesota, the young couple will make their home in Chicago.
Out of city guests attending were: Mrs. Catherine Szpara and daughter Clara and Mrs. Edward Zaborwoski and daughter Barbara, all of Thorp.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.