Surnames: Schulz, Casanova, Christian, Juneau, Kongslien, Boss, Bohm
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 08/07/1958
Schulz, Grace (Marriage - 2 Aug. 1958)
Miss Grace Schulz, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ernst Schulz of the town of Colby, Wis. and Don Casanova, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Casanova of Stevens Point, exchanged marriage vows in Zion Lutheran church in Colby Saturday afternoon, Rev. Wm. R. Christian reading the marriage vows. Kenneth Schulz, the bride’s brother, sang "The Wedding Prayer" and "The Lord’s Ptayer," accompanied by Herbert Juneau of Abbotsford at the organ. The church was decorated with baskets of white gladioli.
The bride chose Mrs. Douglas Kongslien of Stevens Point to be matron of honor and Mrs. Vernon Boss of Curtiss and Mrs. Lyle Casanova of Wausau as bridesmaids. The attendants donned waltz-length ice blue nylon organza gowns with molded shirred bodices. White collars with blue appliquéd flowers accented the styling of their dresses, and they carried white pompom daisies with pink roses.
Fred Bohm of Stevens Point was best man with Vernon Boss and Lyle Casanova attending as groomsmen. Guests were ushered by Calvin Schulz and Douglas Kongslien.
The bride appeared wearing a floor-length nylon tulle gown with embroidered scalloped overskirt and shirred bodice. A beaded lace and tulle profile hat held her finger-tip veil, and she carried a bouquet of pink roses and white stephanotis.
A reception at the home of the bride, and a dinner at the church dining hall completed the day’s festivities. The couple will make their home in Appleton where the bride is employed as a teacher at Lincoln School. The groom attended Wisconsin State College at Stevens Point and is now a student at Wisconsin State College in Oshkosh. The bride is a graduate of Wisconsin State College at Stevens Point.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs