Surnames: Arciszewski, Wnek, Strzok, Tylka, Baran, Broda, Cekus, Juzwiak
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/16/1947
Wnek, Dolores (11 OCT 1947)
A very pretty wedding took place at St. Hedwig’s Church at 10:00 o’clock Saturday morning, Oct. 11th, 1947, when Rev. Francis Piekarski united in holy matrimony Stanley Arciszewski, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Arciszewski, and Dolores Wnek, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Wnek, all of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.). The couple was attended by Leon Tylka as best man and Louis Wnek, first bridesmaid, who wore a dress of fuchsia taffeta. Miss Lorraine Strzok, maid of honor, was attired in blue taffeta and bridesmaid, Julia Arciszewski and Sylvia Cekus were dressed in dusty rose taffeta and peacock blue. Ushers were Casimer baran and Thomas Broda.
The bride was beautifully attired in a gown of white satin with fingertip veil. Her wedding bouquet was of white mums.
Bob Wnek served as ring bearer and little Joan Juzwiak as flower girl carried a basket of rust colored mums.
A wedding reception was held at the P.N.A. Hall where festivities continue throughout the afternoon and evening.
After a honeymoon trip to the Wis. Dells and Chicago, Mr. and Mrs. Arciszewski will make their home on a farm near Thorp.
The following out of town guests attending the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Mike Lazowski, Mr. and Mrs. John Keller, Miss Morris and David Salavitch, Mr. and Mrs. Sam Zukowski, Mr. and Mrs. Adam Para, Mr. and Mrs. Zozwiak, of Stratford; Mrs. Grucelski of Stratford; Mr. and Mrs. Ignatius Grucelski of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Al Nowobielski of Milwaukee; Mrs. John Wyrobek of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Ray Bryan of Minneapolis; Miss Beatrice Koziol of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Mike Bryan and daughters of Minneapolis; Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Jasinek of Chicago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs