Surnames: Neiman, Jarosz, , Teclaw, Rogalski, Sniegowski, Beaudot, Dziedzic
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/23/1947
Neiman, Agnes (4 OCT 1947)
During a 9:30 Solemn High Mass, celebrated on Saturday morning, Oct. 4, 1947, at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church, Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), Miss Agnes Neiman, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Neiman, became the bride of John Jarosz, son of Mr. and Mrs. Anton Jarosz, both of Thorp.
The Rev. Francis Piekarski took the part of celebrant, Rev. Ernest Kain, deacon, and Rev. Jerome Kamla, sub-deacon.
The bride was given in marriage by her father. Her colonial styled gown was made of heavy satin with a tight fitted bodice trimmed in satin scroll. The skirt, which fell into a long train, was draped up the front by three satin roses, with a front panel of lace ruffles. Her three-tiered veil was held in place by a pearl crown. She carried a colonial bouquet of white roses and mums.
The groom’s sister, Julia Jarosz, was first bridesmaid and the bride’s brother, Edward Neiman, was best man. Other attending couples were Eleanore Rogalski and Marion Teclaw, and Elaine Beaudot and Erwin Sniegowski. Barbara Dziedzic, nice of the groom, was flower girl.
The bridesmaids and little flower girl wore colonial gowns made of turquoise blue taffeta. Their skirts were draped up at the bottom with black velvet bows, similar to that of the bride’s. They carried colonial bouquets of mums and chrysanthemums.
The church was beautifully decorated with fresh flowers and palms. A white rug lead the way to the altar.
The bride carried a bouquet to the Blessed Virgin’s Altar, while the groom lit a Virgil lamp on St. Joseph’s Altar.
Both mothers wore black dresses with white rose corsages.
The reception was held at the P.N.A. Hall in Thorp.
After spending a week’s honeymoon at the Wis. Dells, the young couple will reside in Sheldon, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.