BioM: Stacke, Phyllis (1958)
Surnames: Stacke, Brant, Sprengler, Juneau, Ruud, Newlun, Krueger, Laabs, Revie
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark Co., Wis.) 18 Dec 1958
Stacke, Phyllis (Marriage - 13 Dec. 1958)
Poinsettias and lighted tapers adorned the altar of Christ Evangelical Lutheran church at Abbotsford for the wedding of Miss Phyllis Stacke, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Adolph Stacke of Curtiss, and Peter Brant of Waukesha, son of John Brant of Waukesha, on Saturday at 1:30 P.M. Rev. F. H. Sprengler performed the ceremony. Herbert Juneau played and sang two solos, "The Lord’s Prayer" and "Because."
A white lace over satin gown was worn by Miss Stacke as she approached the altar escorted by her father. It was styled with a full-length skirt, long tapered sleeves, Sabrina neckline and a cummerbund which ended in a train. A finger-tip veil was held to a tiara of pearls and sequins. She carried a lace-covered prayer book topped with a white orchid.
Attendants were Mrs. Thomas Ruud of West Allis, who was escorted by her husband, Thomas Ruud, as best man and Miss Joyce Newlun of Milwaukee, who was escorted by groomsman, Robert Stacke of Curtiss. Dawn Stacke of Curtiss and Kathleen Krueger of Milwaukee acted as junior bridesmaids. Nancy Laabs of Curtiss was flower girl.
The bride’s attendants wore floor-length dresses of green iridescent taffeta and carried baskets of yellow, white and bronze pompoms. All wore headbands of the same flowers. Nancy, as flower girl, carried a colonial bouquet of the same color pompoms.
Ushering duties were done by Wesley Revie, the bride’s cousin, and by Miles Brant, brother of the groom.
Wedding day events were a reception for about 150 guests at the bride’s home and a supper in the church basement.
Mr. and Mrs. Brant attended schools in West Allis and Colby, Wis. He is employed as a machine operator in West Allis where they will make their home at 1324 S. 91st St. Mrs. Brant is employed by the Wisconsin Motor Corp. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs