BioM: Klapatauskas, Frances (1947)
Surnames: Klapatauskas, Vallone, Fischer, Bradley, Wells, Skocepick
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 11/27/1947
Klapatauskas, Frances (NOV 1947)
The first wedding to be solemnized at St. Daniel’s Church in Chicago was that which united Miss Frances Klapatauskas, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Klapatauskas of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Mr. Sammy Vallone, son of Mr. and Mrs. D. Vallone of Chicago, Ill., in holy bonds of matrimony. The Rev. Mathew Mulligan was the celebrant of the double ring ceremony.
The bride was given in marriage by her father. She was lovely in a gown of slipper satin with a set in yoke of lace embroidered with baby seed pearls and white sequins. The full skirt fell into a long tapering train. The bride’s gown was designed and made by her sister, Mrs. A. Fischer of Chicago. Her fingertip veil was held in place by orange blossoms. Her only jewelry was a single strand of pearls. She earned an arm bouquet of white glamelius.
Miss Martha Klapatauskas, sister of the bride, as maid of honor, was attired in a pink taffeta gown fashioned with cap sleeves, a round neckline and buttons extending to the waistline in front. She carried a bouquet of orchid glamelius.
The bridesmaids, Rose Vallone, sister of the groom, and Margaret Bradley, friend of the bride, wore blue taffeta gowns fashioned like that of the maid of honor. They carried a colonial bouquet of deep pink glamelius. They all wore a single strand of pearls, which was a gift of the bride.
The little flower girl, Barbara Fischer, nice of the bride, wore a white taffeta gown. She wore a tiny strand of pearls, which was a gift of the bride. She too carried a small bouquet of orchid glamelius.
The groom’s attendants were his brother, Joe Vallone, George Skocepick and Joe Wells. The groom and his attendants wore black tuxedos and a carnation boutonniere.
The church was beautifully decorated with fresh flowers and palms. A white rug lead the way to the altar.
During the ceremony Mr. Francis Creadon of Riverside, Ill., sang the "Ave Maria." As the bride presented a bouquet to the Blessed Virgin he sang "O Beautiful Mother."
The bride’s mother wore a blue dress with black accessories and white carnation corsage. The groom’s mother wore black with black accessories and a red carnation corsage.
A seven o’clock dinner was served to a hundred and forty relatives and friends at the Friendly Hall in Marquette Manor.
The bride is a graduate of the Greenwood High School with the class of 1944 and at present is employed as a secretary at the Corn Products Refining Co. at Argo, Ill. The groom is a graduate of the Tilden Technical School and served in the Army for three and a half years. At present he is engaged in his own trucking business.
After spending a week’s honeymoon at Turkey Run, Indiana, the young couple are at home at 5116 So. Menard Ave., Chicago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs