BioM: Dittner, Margaret #2 (1948)

Contact: Stan
Email: stan@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

Surnames: Walker, Dittner, Johnson, Williams

----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/24/1948

Dittner, Margaret #2 (11 JUN 1948)

The Methodist Church at Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.) was the scene of the marriage on Friday, June 11, 1948, of Miss Margaret Dittner, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Dittner, Butler Township, and Gordon Rodney Walker, son of Mr. and Mrs. Theodore Walker, Augusta. The Rev. Mr. Irish officiated at the double ring ceremony.

The couple chose as their wedding day the 39th anniversary of the bride’s parents and the 19th wedding anniversary of her uncle and aunt, Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Johnson.

The bride wore a floor length white dress dotted with tiny silver flowers. Her fingertip veil was held in place by a band trimmed with silver sequins. She carried an all white shower bouquet of roses, sweet peas and gladioli.

Her only attendant, Mrs. Marshall Walker, sister-in-law of the groom, wore yellow taffeta and carried a shower bouquet of pink and white roses, sweet peas and gladioli.

Mr. Walker was attended by his brother Marshall.

Norman Dittner, brother of the bride and Clifford Williams, cousin of the groom, served as ushers.

Following the ceremony, the bride’s parents gave a reception at the home of Mrs. Martha Cole and son Bird, grandmother and uncle of the bride.

After a short honeymoon in Northern Wisconsin, Mr. and Mrs. Walker will be home at Osseo where the groom is employed as an electrician.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE