BioM: Sniegowski, Angeline #2 (1948)
Surnames: Sniegowski, Huls, Sopiarz, Vanderhyden
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 07/29/1948
Sniegowski, Angeline #2 (17 JUL 1948)
On Saturday morning, July 17, 1948, Angeline Sniegowski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edw. A. Sniegowski, became the bride of William Huls, son of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Huls. The marriage took place at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church, with Rev. Francis Piekarski performing the double ring ceremony.
Miss Dolores Sopiarz, friend of the bride, acted as bridesmaid. She was dressed in a pale blue Marquisette gown, wore a halo of Picardy gladioli in her hair and carried a bouquet of gladioli and white larkspur. She wore a double strand of pearls, a gift from the bride. Murvill Vanderhyden, friend of the groom, acted as best man. He and the groom wore blue striped suits with white carnation boutonnieres.
The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a gown of white nylon marquisette with a high neckline, a ruffle of lace at the shoulders, and a lace peplum. The skirt had a long train, edged in lace. Her fingertip veil was held in place with a crown of orange blossoms. She wore a gold cross, a gift from the groom, and carried a sterling sliver rosary, a gift from her grandparents. Her bouquet was of white carnations and baby pompoms. She presented a floral rosary at the altar of the Blessed Virgin.
The bride’s mother wore a white suit and white and gold accessories, and wore a corsage of red roses. The groom’s mother wore a gray print dress with black accessories, and wore a corsage of yellow roses. The bride’s grandmother wore a black dress and pink rose corsage.
A reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents for about eighty relatives, followed by a dance at Mileaway.
The bride is a graduate of Thorp High School and is employed at the Peoples Exchange Bank. The groom served five years in the Army, and is employed with the Paulson Construction Co. of Medford. They will make their home in Thorp.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.