BioM: Miller, Marilyn (1944)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Miller, Welsh, Neubert, Loe
The Loyal Tribune 02 March 1944
Miller, Marilyn (6 FEB 1944)
Of interest to the readers of the Loyal Tribune is the recent marriage of Miss Marilyn Miller, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Miller of Mankato, Minn., formerly of Loyal, to Cpl. Kenneth F. Welsh of the army air corps.
Marriage vows were exchanged at St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran church in North Mankato at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 6.
The bride wearing a trailing gown of egg-shell faille, entered on the arm of her father, who gave her in marriage. The bridal gown was fitted, and made with low neckline set in with net and outlined in Chantilly lace. Her fingertip veil was of net and her jewelry was a string of pearls given her by the groom. She carried a tatted handkerchief, given her by her aunt, and a bridal shower bouquet of Talisman roses and white sweet peas.
Miss Shirley Miller, the bride’s sister, was her attendant, and she wore a gown of blue rayon-organdy. She carried a colonial bouquet of pink and white carnations.
The bride’s mother was attired in a black afternoons and wore a shoulder corsage of roses and sweet peas.
Robert Welch, brother of the groom, was best man.
Miss Frances Neubert and Mrs. Lyle Loe sang "O Promise Me" and "O Perfect Love."
Immediately following the ceremony, a dinner was given for the bridal party and relatives at the Burton hotel, and in the evening there was a reception for 40 guests at the home of the bride’s parents. A three-tiered wedding cake and yellow jonquils formed table decorations.
Corporal Welch is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Harold Welch of East Troy Center and is a graduate of East Troy high school. He also attended the University of Wisconsin. Mrs. Welch is a graduate of Loyal high school and the Eau Claire vocational college of commerce.
The Loyal Tribune joins their many friends in wishing them a long and happy journey through life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs