BioM: Ozarka, Adeline (1948)
Surnames: Depa, Ozarka, Milkowski, Stelmar, Maguda, Pokorny, Zelago, Filipek, Tarczan, Modelski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 10/07/1948
Ozarka, Adeline (19 SEP 1948)
St. Francis Church, Chicago, was the scene of a pretty wedding on Sunday, Sept. 19, 1948, when Miss Adeline Ozarka, daughter of Mrs. Justyna Ozarka of Chicago, became the bride of Mr. Andrew Depa, son of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Depa of Thorp. They were united in marriage by Rev. J. Jagielski in a double ring ceremony at three o’clock in the afternoon.
The church altars were beautifully decorated with roses and gladiolas.
The bride, who was given away by her twin brother Raymond, walked down the white carpeted aisle which was decorated with arches and palms.
She wore a gown of beautiful white satin trimmed with French lace with pearls inserted throughout the long train. Her halo headpiece was of beaded pearl with a French fingertip veil trimmed in lace. She wore a pearl choker inserted with rhinestones with earrings to match. The groom’s gift to the bride was a pearl ring. She carried a beautiful Mother of Pearl prayer book and a pearl rosary which were inserted between two orchids tied with satin streamers and lily of the valley.
Mrs. Jean Milkowski, cousin of the bride, dressed in aqua taffeta, acted as matron of honor.
The bridesmaids were Mary Jane Stelmar, friend of the bride, Marcy Depa, sister of the groom, Katherine Maguda and Theresa Pokorny, friends of the bride. They were dressed in orchid taffeta gowns with halo headpieces matching that of the bride, and carried cascade bouquets of tinted gladiolas. They each wore a strand of pearls presented to them by the bride.
The groom, who wore a tuxedo with a lily of the valley boutonniere was attended by his brother Louis as best man and the other attendants being Ray Zelago, , cousin of the bride, Raymond Ozarka, brother of the bride, and Edwin Filipek, friend of the groom. They all wore tuxedos with carnation boutonnieres.
The bride’s niece, Mary Ann Tarczan, who acted as her flower girl, was dressed in an aqua gown matching that of the bridesmaids. Jimmy Modelski, nephew of the bride, dressed in a tuxedo acted as the ring bearer.
The bride’s mother wore a royal blue dress and the groom’s mother wore brown. They wore orchid corsages.
The reception was held at the Harmony Ballroom, Thomas and Kostner Ave., with about 300 guests attending.
The bride assisted by her matron of honor, carried a bouquet of mixed flowers to the altar of the Blessed Virgin as the organist and violinist played and sang the "Ave Maria".
The newlyweds will make their home at 4507 N. Harding Ave., Chicago. Both are employed at Western Electric Co.
Out of town guests attending the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Paul Depa and Ted Kaszubowski of Thorp; Mrs. Adam Pozdell, Stanley; Mr. and Mrs. F. Kliefield, Berwyn, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Anton Kaszuba, Lowell, Ind.; Mr. and Mrs. Carl Amenson, Brookfield, Ill.; Dr. and Mrs. Arthur Broberg, Fitchburg, Mass.; Mr. and Mrs. M. Pokorny, Downers Grover, Ill.; and Mr. and Mrs. Paul Bierzychudek of West Pullman, Ill.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.