BioM: Haas, Elaine A. (1948)
Surnames: Haas, Reynolds, Bates, Lemieux
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 01/06/1949
Haas, Elaine A. (29 DEC 1948)
The marriage of Miss Elaine Ann Haas, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Casper Haas of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Mr. William C. Reynolds, son of Mr. Louis Reynolds of Phoenix, Ariz., took place at a 9:00 o’clock nuptial mass, Wednesday, Dec. 29th, 1948 at St. Bernard’s Catholic Church at Thorp. Rev. Arnold M. Muckerheide performed the ceremony.
The bride wore a gown of ivory satin, the fitted bodice closing in back with small buttons and the neckline being beaded. She wore a full train, and a fingertip veil. The bouquet she carried was of chrysanthemums and baby mums.
Miss Tivera Haas, sister of the bride dressed in an aqua taffeta formal, acted as first bridesmaid. Kathleen Bates, friend of the bride, dressed in deep rose taffeta formal, was bridesmaid. They carried bouquets of carnations.
The groom, attired in a brown suit, was attended by Philip Lemieux and LaVerne Haas, brother of the bride, acted as usher. They wore white carnation boutonnieres.
The flower girl, Carolyn Smith, was dressed in a white formal and carried a basket of carnations. Dressed in black trousers and white jacket, Dennis Haas, brother of the bride, acted as ring bearers.
Following the ceremony a reception was held at the American Legion Hall. The newlyweds will make their home in Phoenix, Ariz., where the groom is employed at an aluminum plant.
Out of town guest attending the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Butterfield and sons Jerome and Eugene of Wausau; Kathleen and Larry Bates of Cashton, Wis.; Mrs. Fred Stellpflug of Galesville, Wis.; Mr. and Mrs. Carl Carlson and family of Minneapolis; Mr. and Mrs. Art Hansen of Spencer, Wis.; Mr. and Mrs. Rudy Ciolkosz and children of Eau Claire; and Mr. and Mrs. Elroy Hurth of Cadott, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs