BioM: Rogalski, Clara C. #2 (1949)
Surnames: Rogalski, Lendosky, Wnek, Hoffman, Noryszewicz, Writz, Kolb, Hecker, Lietz, Peterson, Lewandowski, Numerich
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 08/25/1949
Rogalski, Clara C. #2 (2 AUG 1949)
On Aug. 2nd, 1949 at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church was the scene of a lovely wedding when Miss Clara C. Rogalski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Rogalski became the bride of Mr. Rudolph Lendosky, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Lendosky of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), at a solemn Nuptial Mass performed by Rev. Francis Piekarski, assisted by Rev. E. Kaim and Rev. J. Kamla. The double ring ceremony took place before an altar decorated with palms and gladiolas.
The bride entered the church on the arm of her father and carried a bouquet of white roses from which fell satin streamers tied with rose buds and orange blossoms. Her gown was of white slipper satin fashioned with a square neckline edged in Chantilly lace and seeded pearl. The satin fitted bodice and long pointed sleeves were styled with lace inserts and a full skirt ending in a long train. Her long flowing veil of imported French illusion was held in place by a crown of lace edged in seed pearls and fresh orange blossoms.
After the ceremony the bride, assisted by her bridesmaids, carried a bouquet of white gladiolas to the altar of the Blessed Virgin. The bridesmaids, Miss Leona Lendosky, sister of the groom, bridal aids, Miss Louis Wnek, Joyce Hoffman, Florencia Noryszewicz, Clarice Writz, Marge Kolb, Lorene Hecker, Marie Ann Lietz, Marion Peterson, Helen Lewandowski and betty Numerich were identically attired in gowns of baby blue taffeta fashioned with a squire neckline and fitted bodice and full skirt with matching gauntlets. They wore hats of blue Chantilly lace and carried colonial bouquets of white daisies.
The groom was attended by the bride’s brother, Henry Rogalski, as best man. The groom and his attendants wore tuxedos and white rose boutonnieres.
The bride’s mother was attired in an aqua dress with black accessories, while the groom’s mother wore navy print with navy accessories. Each wore a corsage of yellow tea roses.
A wedding breakfast to the immediate family and out of town guests followed the ceremony. At six o’clock a reception was held for about 500 relatives and guests at St. Hedwig’s Parish Hall, which was decorated with white and blue streamers and wedding bells.
The bride is a graduate of St. Mary’s School of Nursing, Wausau, Wis., and at present is employed as head nurse for the Clark County Hospital, Owen, Wis. The groom is employed as a machinist with the Milwaukee Road at Milwaukee, Wis.
After the reception the couple left for a trip to the west coast and parts of Canada.
Out of town guests attending the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Stachurski and family of Detroit, Mich.; John Matusik, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Wasinski, Miss Leona Lendosky, Miss Ellen Lewandowski of Milwaukee, Wis.; Mr. and Mrs. F. J. Frysiek of Philadelphia, Pa.; Mr. and Mrs. J. E. Johnson and daughter of Duluth, Minn.; Mr. and Mrs. J. Ciolkewicz, Miss Louise Wnek of Chicago, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Swanson, Margaret Kolb, of Green Bay; Marion Peterson, Waukegan, Ill.; Misses Joyce Hoffman, Marie Ann Lietz, Lorene Hecker, Betty Numerich, all of Wausau; Dr. and Mrs. H. Christofferson, Colby; Mr. and Mrs. C. Mills and family, Owen; Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Hautamaki, Mr. and Mrs. E. Fellbaum, Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Seidleman, Mr. and Mrs. L. Schnoor, Mr. and Mrs. G. Winnecke, Mr. and Mrs. O. Welker, Mr. and Mrs. C. Dumneo, Mr. and Mrs. E. Looklin, Mr. and Mrs. W. Brenner, Mrs. E. Zielanis of Owen, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.