BioM: Seidling, Bernice (1949)

Contact: Stan
Email: stan@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

Surnames: Bogumill, Seidling

----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 09/01/1949

Seidling, Bernice (18 AUG 1949)

James Bogumill, son of Mr. and Mrs. John S. Bogumill, and Miss Bernice Seidling, daughter of Mrs. Mary Seidling of Boyd, were united in marriage in a double ring ceremony performed by Msgr. Hilary Leuther at St. Joseph’s Church in Boyd, Aug. 18th, 1949.

The bride was attired in a gown fashioned with a marquisette yoke edged in French lace, a fitted bodice with long sleeves coming to a point over the hand, and a full sweeping skirt with long lace entrain.

A fingertip veil of illusion met with drop front and was fastened to a white satin bonnet. Her jewelry was a three-strand pearl necklace, a gift of the groom. She carried a wedding bouquet of Amazon lilies and white roses.

The couple was attended by George Bogumill and Dorothy Seidling and Wm. Bogumill and Mary Seidling. The bridesmaids were attired in gowns of white taffeta and wore white picture bonnets and gauntlets. Each carried a bouquet of white lilies and red roses. Their pearl necklaces were gifts of the bride.

The groom and his attendants wore black tuxedos.

A wedding dinner was served at the church parlors and in the afternoon a reception was held at the home of the bride’s mother.

The young couple spent their honeymoon in northern Minnesota and will reside in Thorp, where the bride is employed at the Thorp Finance Corp., and the groom is a salesman.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE