BioM: Braun, Margaret Louise (1959)
Surnames: Braun, Castle, Grahl, Pomering, Stearns
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark Co., Wis.) 08/06/1959
Braun, Margaret Louise (Marriage - 1 Aug. 1959)
Miss Margaret Louise Braun, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Joseph Braun of Rockford, Ill., former Colby residents, and Earl Ray Castle, son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Laverne Castle of Freeport, were united in marriage in Zion Reformed church at Freeport, Saturday, Aug. 1, at 7:30 P.M., Rev. Carl M. Grahl officiating at the double ring ceremony. The bride’s grand parents are Mr. and Mrs. Rufus Stowe of Unity and Mr. and Mrs. Otto Braun of Colby, Wis.
The bride was attired in a waltz-length gown of rose point nylon lace over a layer of white taffeta and a double layer of nylon tulle, scoop neckline, three-quarter length sleeves, full skirt with a nylon lace ruffled bustle back. Her fingertip lace veil was held by a crown of rhinestones and iridescent flowers with large, flat pearl centers. She also wore a pearl choker and small button earrings. Her cascade bouquet consisted of stephanotis and ivy with a white orchid center.
The bride’s sister, Mrs. Jerold Pomering of Rockford, served as matron of honor. She wore a full street length sleeveless dress of coral colored nylon over a layer of coral taffeta and ruffled nylon tulle, scoop neckline, white lace inset at waistline. A coral ribbon strung through the middle, tied in a bow at the front, trailed down the front of the dress. Her coral veil was held in place with white flowers. Her cascade bouquet consisted of coral and white carnations and ivy.
The groom was attended by his friend, Larry Stearns of Freeport.
A reception was held after the ceremony in the church parlors.
Both the bride and groom are employed by the Piggly Wiggly Midwest Co.
After a honeymoon at Lake Wisconsin, the couple will be at home at the Woodland Trailer Court, East State Street Road, Rockford.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs