BioM: Primeau, Mary Margaret (1959)
Surnames: Primeau, Firnstahl, Pinion, Gries, Gabriel, Hyde, Hayden, Hilber
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark Co., Wis.) 09/10/1959
Primeau, Mary Margaret (Marriage - 5 Sept. 1959)
Miss Mary Margaret Primeau, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ervin Primeau of Colby, and Emannuel F. Firnstahl, son of Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Firnstahl of Colby, Wisconsin were married in St. Mary’s Catholic church at Colby, Saturday. The 8:30 o’clock high mass was said by Rev. John B. Pinion. William Gries, accompanied by Mrs. Alois Gabriel at the organ, sang "Ave Maria" and "Panis Angelicus."
Fall flowers decorated the altar of the church. Miss Primeau wore a gown of peau de soie taffeta faille imported from France as she came before the altar on the arm of her father. The gown was styled with a chapel-sweep train, long sleeves, and a Sabrina neckline outlined with checker-board lace. Her fingertip veil was held to a crown of sequins and pearls. She carried a crescent-shaped bouquet of red roses and stephanotis.
Mrs. James Hyde of Greenville, Miss., was her sister’s matron of honor. Mrs. James Firnstahl of Colby was bridesmaid. They wore floor-length gowns of forest-green nylon taffeta and velvet styled with rounded necklines and short cap sleeves. Cummerbunds were formed into a bow sash in back over a very full skirt. Their bouquets were crescent-shaped of shaded gold chrysanthemums.
James Firnstahl of Colby attended his brother as best man and Jerald Firnstahl of Green Bay was groomsman. James Hayden and Leo Hilber ushered.
A brunch and dinner for 200 guests were served in St. Mary’s gymnasium and a reception was given at the home of the bride’s parents. A dance at Cherokee Park in the evening concluded wedding day events.
The bride and groom are graduates of Colby High School. Mr. Firnstahl operates Lamont’s Service Station on Highway 13 in Colby and Mrs. Firnstahl had been employed in the office at Roddis Plywood Corp. in Marshfield. After a wedding trip through western states, the couple will reside in Colby, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs