BioM: Missling, Alvera (1950)
Surnames: Missling, Peterson, Mueller, Bruesewitz, Johnson, Brown, Telford, Duff, Lemay
----Source: Spencer Record (Spencer, Marathon County, Wis.) 1950
Missling, Alvera (Marriage - 26 Aug. 1950)
Trinity Lutheran Church at Spencer was the setting of an early fall wedding which united Miss Alvera Missling, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Missling of Loyal, and Mr. Kenneth Peterson, son of Mrs. Anna Peterson, Waupaca, Wisconsin, in the bonds of Holy Matrimony. The candlelight service was performed by the Rev. Randolph Mueller at 2:30 o'clock. The couple repeated their vows to the soft strains of organ music by Mrs. Arnold Bruesewitz.
Melodious organ music echoed in the church as relatives and friends gathered to witness the ceremony. Ushers were Mr. Alfred Telford, cousin of the bride, Owen, Wis. and Mr. Vernon Duff, cousin of the groom, La Crosse.
Shortly before the ceremony Mr. Clyde Johnson, Waupaca, sang "O Perfect Love"
The bride entered the church on the arm of her father as the organ pealed Lohengrin's wedding march. Her floor length gown of white organza over shimmering white satin was made with a Peter Pan collar and tiny covered buttons to the waistline. Her billowing hoop skirt fell from a wide satin sash which was tied in a huge bow in the back. Her full sleeves were gathered into a wide cuff below the elbow accented with tiny buttons to the wrist. She chose an organza over satin skull cap with a crisp shoulder veil of sheer organza. Sheer nylon gloves completed the ensemble. Her arm bouquet consisted of long stemmed snow white roses
Mrs. Bert Brown, Greenwood, sister of the bride was maid of honor. Her gown was pale blue organza over blue satin made identical to that of the bride. She carried an arm bouquet was of pink roses.
Miss Lorraine Missling, sister of the bride, Loyal, was the bridesmaid. Her gown, also identical to that of the bride was pink organza over pink satin and her arm bouquet was of pink roses. Both attendants wore matching nylon
Mr. Richard Peterson, brother of the groom, Waupaca, was best man and Roger Lemay Waupaca, was groomsman.
Miss Missling viewed her daughters wedding in a pale pink Nylon gown with black accessories. The groom’s mother chose a grey crepe dress. Both wore corsages of white and pink rosebuds.
A reception was held for 150 guests in the church parlors after the ceremony. A large four tiered wedding cake centered the buffet table.
Open house was held at the home of the bride from 4:30 to 8 after which the young couple left for a honeymoon through northern Wisconsin and Michigan. The bride wore a navy blue suit with navy shoes and purse, a pink skull cap, pink nylon gloves and matching jewelry.
The bride is a graduate of the Loyal High School and she studied Home Economics at Stout Institute for two years. She is employed in the office of the Waupaca County Highway Department. The groom is a graduate of the Scandinavia High School and served in the European theatre during World War II. He is employed by the Christoph's Dairy, Waupaca.
They will reside at 501 West Fulton St., Waupaca, after September 5.
The Record joins their many local friends in extending congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy wedded life.
***Note: Marriage date is from the church records of Trinity Lutheran Church, Spencer, Wisconsin; marriage record number 6, page 223.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs