BioM: Thoma, Irene (1950)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Thoma, Henchen, Dux, Poppe, Hemp, Brandt, Schumann
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) October 5, 1950
Thoma, Irene (Marriage - 30 September 1950)
Miss Irene Thoma, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Thoma of Neillsville, became the bride of Herbert Henchen, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Henchen, at a ceremony performed in Immanuel Lutheran Church at Globe, on September 30, 1950, at 2:30 p.m. in the afternoon.
Vows were exchanged before an altar banked with baskets of fall flowers and autumn leaves. Rev. Adolph Schumann officiated at the double ring ceremony.
The bride was given in marriage by her father. She wore a gown of white net over satin. The sleeves and bodice were of Calais lace, fashioned with a sweetheart neckline and trimmed with seed pearls. A beaded crown secured her finger tip veil. Rhinestone necklace and earrings were her jewelry, a gift of the groom. She carried a bouquet of red and white roses and stephanotis.
Mrs. George Thomas served her sister-in-law, as matron of honor, while Miss Julia Henchen, sister of the groom, and Mrs. Louis Dux were bridesmaids. They were attired in orchid, gold, and green satin frocks, that were designed alike and that featured appliquéd yokes, matching picture hats and gauntlets.
Sandra Jean Thoma and Carol Ann Henchen were flower girls. Miss Ethel Poppe and Miss Vivian Hemp, Neillsville, friends of the bride, served as usherettes. They wore white sheer nylon over satin.
George Thoma, brother of the bride, served as the best man, and Wilbert Henchen and Louis Dux were groomsmen.
John Brandt of Neillsville sang the benediction.
Immediately following the ceremony a reception was held for 150 guests.
The couple will make their home at Globe following a honeymoon in northern Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs