BioM: Pawlak, Gertrude L. (1950)
Surnames: Pawlak, Milligan, Berg, Wilson, Anyzeski, Morgan, Benczyk, Wyatt
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 03/16/1950
Pawlak, Gertrude L. (18 FEB 1950)
Gertrude Lorraine Pawlak, daughter of the Frank Pawlaks of 2814 Illinois Av., South Gate, Calif., recited vows with Richard R. Milligan of the Hamilton Air Force Base and son of Mrs. W. L. Wyatt, of Garland, Texas, in ceremonies at which father Anthony Kelly officiated in St. Helen’s Catholic Church Feb. 18th, 1950.
Rich white candlelight satin and delicate French imported lace was the wedding gown, cut with long sleeves. Bertha and peplum of lace and court train. The fingertip veil fell from a dainty tiara of seed pearls and matching lace. Given in marriage by her father, the bride carried a cascade of white carnations centered with an orchid. Wedding jewelry was a double strand of pearls, gist of the bridegroom.
Pearl necklaces worn by her three attendants were the gift of the bride. Norma E. Berg, maid of honor, was gowned in pink taffeta with headdress of matching taffeta and net. Her flowers were talisman rosebuds with white carnations. Janet Wilson was bridesmaid, while Sandra Pawlak, niece of the bride, and Dolores Anyzeski were junior bridesmaids. They wore frocks of apple green taffeta with matching headdress and bouquets of pink carnations with pink accents.
Murle Morgan attended the bridegroom, and ushers were Michael Benczyk and Philip Pawlak, brother of the bride.
Among nuptial selections played at the organ were "The Lord’s Prayer", "Because" and "Thine Alone."
After the ceremony, attended by 200 guests, a wedding dinner took place in the Clock Supper Club with a reception and dance later in South Gate V.F.W. Hall. Both the wedding rites and dance with 300 attendance followed the Polish tradition.
The bridegroom and best man wore their blue air corps uniforms.
The bride’s mother selected a gown of green lace over matching satin.
Out of town guests included Mr. and Mrs. George Landon of Sacramento, sister and brother-in-law of the bridegroom
When they return from northern California and Catalina Island honeymoon the newlyweds will live at the Illinois Av. Address.
A summer 1946 graduate of South Gate High School, the bride attended Los Angeles City College and Far Art School. She is employed with the Firestone Rubber Co.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs