BioM: Burzynski, Mary (1950)
Surnames: Burzynski, Depa, Liszewski, Deitkiewicz
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/08/1950
Burzynski, Mary (27 MAY 1950)
St. Mary’s Czestochowa Church in Stanley was the scene of a pretty wedding, Saturday, May 27, 1950 at ten o’clock in the morning, when Miss Mary Burzynski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Burzynski, became the bride of Victor Depa, son of Mr. and Mrs. Mark Depa of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.). Rev. Jerome J. Kamla performed the double ring ceremony.
The bride was given in marriage by her father. She was dressed in a white slipper satin gown with a lace yoke. She wore a short veil with a beaded crown. Her bouquet consisted of white cala lilies and white roses. Around her neck she wore a gold locket.
Miss Celia Burzynski, sister of the bride, was maid of honor. Her gown was pink marquisette over taffeta with matching gloves. Her headpiece was pink net with inserted lilies of the valley and she carried a bouquet of pink and white gladiolas, red roses and yellow lilies.
Mary Ann Liszewski, nice of the bride, acted as flower girl. She wore a pink gown like the maid of honor.
Miss Victoria Depa, sister of the groom, Misses Martha and Julia Burzynski, sisters of the bride, served as bridesmaids. They wore blue gowns identical to that of the maid of honor and flower girl. They wore blue net headpieces with inserted lilies of the valley and carried bouquets of pink and white gladiolas, red roses and yellow lilies. The bride’s gifts to her attendants were two stand pearls and to the flower girl, a gold cross.
The groom was attended by Andrew Burzynski, brother of the bride, as best man. The ushers were Anton Deitkiewicz, step-brother of the groom, and John Novak, cousin of the groom. The groom and his attendants wore dark tuxedos and wore white carnations on their coat lapel.
After the ceremony the bride, assisted by the maid of honor, carried a bouquet of flowers on the Bellessed Virgin Altar, while the choir sang "On This Day O Beautiful Mother."
The bride’s mother wore a navy blue dress and the groom’s mother a brown dress. They both wore corsages of red roses and white carnations.
A reception took place immediately after the ceremony at the P.N.A. Hall at Thorp, where dinner and supper were served to relatives and friends. Kodl’s Orchestra furnished the music all afternoon and evening.
The young couple will make their house in Chicago, where they both are employed. Out of town guests attending the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Kielkucki and sons John and Edward, Miss Ann Kubiak, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Kielkucki and family, Mr. and Mrs. Anton Wyczewski and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. George Kowalski and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Ted Tourville and Mary Frances Mielecki, all of St. Paul, Minn.; Mr. and Mrs. Victor Konieczny and son, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Burzynski, Misses Martha and Julia Burzynski, Alex Wrobel, Ray Cychosz, Louis and Frances Depa, Frances, Laurie and Adam Staron, Malin and Leona Konieczny, Miss Ruth and Lillian Burzynski, Miss Tillie Depa, Henry Filipiak, Anton Deitkiewicz and Valeria Wincek, all of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. John Klarkowski and Mr. and Mrs. Sylvester Klarkowski of Green Bay.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.