BioM: Mueller, Minnie (1940)
Surnames: Mueller, Barker, Brandt, Schroeder, Graffunder, Oehler, Nienow, Barnquist, Wiedeman
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark Co., Wisconsin) 06/13/1940
Mueller, Minnie (Marriage - 8 June 1940)
Miss Minnie Mueller, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Mueller, and Arnold Barker, son of Mr. and Mrs. Seth Barker, exchanged marriage vows Saturday afternoon at 2:30 o’clock in the Christ Evangelical Lutheran church. The Rev. J. Brandt read the service.
The bride wore a gown of white celanese sheer, a tiara of simulated pearls and blossoms on the cap held the chantilly bordered bridal illusion veil. Roses, carnations and lilies of the valley tied with a large bow were carried by the bride.
Mrs. Leona Schroeder in a gown of peach celanese rayon sheer and a matching shoulder veil, attended her sister, as matron of honor.
Mrs. Gay Graffunder, a sister of the groom, in a blue gown of the same material and matching shoulder veil also attended the bride. Both attendants wore wrist corsages of mixed flowers and white slippers.
Mr. Barker was attended by Elmer Mueller, Edgar, cousin of the bride and Gay Graffunder.
A wedding supper was served to about forty guests at the home of the bride’s parents. The house was decorated with bridal streamers of white peach and blue and garden flowers. In the evening, Mr. and Mrs. Barker received the good wishes of their friends at the Trianon Gardens where the wedding dance was held.
Among the out of town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Cecil Oehler and family, Park Falls; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Nienow and daughter, Stratford; Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Mueller, Boyd; Arnold Mueller, Colby and Miss Sadie Barnquist, Athens. Other guests included Mr. and Mrs. Seth Barker, Mr. and Mrs. Elmo Barker, Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Wiedeman, Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Mueller and daughter and Miss Margaret Graffunder, Abbotsford, Wis.
Mr. and Mrs. Barker are making their home with his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Seth Barker, where he assists in the operating of the farm.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs