BioM: Stelzel, Verna E. #2 (1940)
Surnames: Stelzel, Marks, Brandt, Kademan, Frederick, Kobs, Venzke, Voge, Walther, Frederickson, Lemine, Orth, Klein, Aust, Schirmacher, Lietner, McCord, Anderska, Wetterau, Wanke, Harry, Reynolds, Wibben, Engel
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark Co., Wisconsin) 07/04/1940
Stelzel, Verna E. (Marriage - 29 June 1940)
In a late June wedding Miss Verna E. Stelzel, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ed Stelzel exchanged marriage vows with Edwin W. Marks of Colby, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ferdinand Marks of Chippewa Falls. The Rev. John Brandt read the double ring marriage ceremony in the presence of a large number of relatives and friends in Christ Evangelical Lutheran church, at 1:30 Saturday afternoon, June 29th. The church was beautifully decorated with baskets of peonies and sprays of mock orange blossoms. White bows marked the pews where the relatives of the bridal couple were seated.
To the strains of Lohengrin’s wedding march played by Miss Leota Brandt, the bridal procession advanced. The two bridesmaids, Miss Viola Marks, sister of the groom, in a gown of pink net with puffed sleeves and flaring skirt with a head band of pink roses and Miss Leona Kademan in gown of blue net with flared skirt and with sleeves and bodice of lace and matching head band, and the groom’s attendants, Leland Frederickson and Delos Kobs, entered the church. Mrs. Gerald Stelzel, sister-in-law of the bride, the matron of honor, wore peach net with a bolero and a matching shoulder tip veil with a wreath of white daisies. The bride’s attendants wore similar corsages of red roses and sweet alyssum. Other accessories were in white.
Miss Luella Venzke, cousin of the bride, in a flared floor length frock of pink organdy wearing a picture hat, and carrying a basket of flowers and Leonard Stelzel, brother of the bride, in white trousers and blue formal coat carrying the two rings in a calla lily preceded the bridal couple.
The bride wore a gown of white marquisette with satin buttons extending to the waist. Seed pearl clips were fastened at the sweetheart neckline. Lace appliquéd on the long sleeves came to a point over the wrist. Three gores of lace formed the long train. The entrained and illusion veils fell from a crown made of seed pearls in design to match the clips on the gown. She carried a bouquet of red roses and white alyssum tied with a white bow. Her only bit of jewelry was a pendant worn by her mother on her own wedding day.
Red roses were worn by the groom and his attendants as well as the parents of the bride and groom.
The mother of the bride wore a blue flowered bemburg sheer dress with white accessories and the mother of the groom wore an afternoon dress of blue with black accessories.
Following the exchange of vows, Miss Eileen Kobs, cousin of the bride, sang At Dawning.
A reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents. Garden flowers and streamers of white, peach, pink and blue formed the home decorations. Supper was served to 100 guests in the basement of the church which was also decorated with June flowers. The Misses Eileen and Bernice Kobs, Marion Voge, cousins of the groom, and Miss Marion Stelzel, cousin of the bride, assisted in the table service. A large white tiered wedding cake surmounted by a miniature bride and groom, was the centerpiece on the bridal table.
In the evening a wedding dance was held at Wiedenhoeft’s Pavilion.
Mr. and Mrs. Marks will make their home at Chippewa Falls in the near future.
Among the guests at the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Ferdinand Marks, daughter, Miss Viola, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Walther, Chippewa Falls; Leland Frederickson, Stanley; Mr. and Mrs. Gerald Stelzel, daughter, Barbara, Eau Claire; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Kobs and family, George Kobs, Henry Lemine, Conrad Orth, Mrs. Ed Voge, daughter, Miss Olga, and son, Ronald, Miss Leona Kademan, Miss Martha Klein, Colby; William Aust, Cudahy; Mr. and Mrs. George Schirmacher, Mrs. Harold Schirmacher, Mr. and Mrs. Francis Leitner, Robert McCord, Waukesha; William McCord, Park Falls; Mrs. Joe Anderska, daughter, Miss Betty, Miss Sarah Stelzel, Mr. and Mrs. Clifford Wetterau, Wausau; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Wanke and family, Edgar; Mrs. Amelia Harry, Milan; Mr. and Mrs. Martin Stelzel and family, Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Stelzel and family, Mr. and Mrs. Louis Stelzel and family, Mr. and Mrs. Fred Reynolds and family, Rev. and Mrs. J. Brandt and daughters, Dorchester; Mr. and Mrs. Henry Venzke and family, Mr. and Mrs. Adolph Voge and family, Robert Wibben, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Engel and son, Raymond, Abbotsford, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs