Gustav (1884 - 1950)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Olson, Benson, Crafoot, Miller, Huntley, Allen, Moen, Botnen, Mortimer, Kleckner, Lazotte, Ludovic, Koehler
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) December 21, 1950
Olson, Gustav (7 December 1884 - 9 December 1950)
Gustav Olson, 66, of Minneapolis, formerly of Neillsville, died at the General Hospital in Los Angeles, Cal., on Dec. 9, 1950, at 4:30 a.m.
Funeral services were conducted at the Georgas Funeral Home on Saturday, December 16, at two o’clock with the Rev. William Koehler officiating. Interment was made in the Neillsville City Cemetery.
Mr. Olson was born on December 7, 1884, at Muskegon, Mich. He came to Black River Falls with his family in 1886 where they lived for nine years. They then moved to Neillsville and in 1901 they purchased a farm in the Town of York where they resided until 1914. They sold their farm and moved to Neillsville where they built a house on East 13th Street. In 1932 they sold their home here and moved to Black River Falls and later to Minneapolis.
Mr. Olson went to California in October for his health. He was employed by the railroad until his health failed him about four years ago.
He is survived by the following cousins: Mrs. Emil (Lillian) Benson, Minneapolis, Mr. and Mrs. James Crafoot, Mrs. Joseph Olson and Mr. and Mrs. George Miller all of Rhinelander.
His father preceded him in death in 1935 and his mother in 1930.
Pallbearers were: H. W. Huntley, Ed Allen, John Moen, Ole Botnen, Jessie Mortimer and H. VandeBerg. Mrs. John Kleckner and Mrs. Glen Lazotte sang two selections accompanied by Miss Gail Ludovic.
Persons from out of town attending the rites were Mr. and Mrs. James Crafoot, Mrs. Joseph Olson and Mr. and Mrs. George Miller of Rhinelander and Mrs. Emil Benson of Minneapolis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs