Surnames: Ruda, Borek, Staniec, O‘Rourke, Milas, Kostick, Nowak, Sobek
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 08/31/1950
Ruda, Lucille (5 AUG 1950)
Miss Lucille Ruda, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Ruda of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and Mr. Michael Borek, Jr., son of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Borek, Sr., of Lublin, were united in marriage by Rev. J. Palaszewski at St. Mary’s Church at Lublin at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 5th, 1950.
The couple was attended by Leo Staniec and Delores Ruda, who was attired in a gown of yellow net over taffeta. Misses Ruth O’Rourke and Ann Milas served as bridesmaids and Leonard Nowak and Roman Kostick were ushers. The bridesmaids wore dresses identical to Miss Ruda. Junior bridesmaids were Mary Ann Ruda and Evelyn Sobek, who wore similar dresses of green.
The bride was beautifully attired in a gown of lace over satin with a long train. Her three-quarter length veil fell from a beaded crown of pearls and she carried an orchid bouquet surrounded by sweet peas.
Flower girl Shorn Ruda was attired in a yellow gown and carried a basket of pink roses. Master Rodney Nowak served as ring bearer.
A reception was held after the ceremony at the P.N.A. Hall in Thorp and was attended by many friends and relatives.
The newlyweds will reside on the groom’s farm.
Out of town guests at the festivities were: Mrs. Stanley Sideja, Ruthie O’Rourke, Mrs. Emil O’Neil, Mrs. Plasinski, Mr. and Mrs. Johnny Crossett, Ann Milas, Evelyn Sobe, Mrs. Felix Wenski, Mr. and Mrs. Ted Lowniczak and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Slowiak and children, Martin Holz, Mr. and Mrs. George Weseman and daughter, Joe Barton, Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Romanufsky, Red Orr, Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Romanufsky, , Mr. and Mrs. Michael Dubrowski, Mrs. Irene Nelson and children, Morris Nelson, all of Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Milas of Greenwood; Mr. and Mrs. Peter Kostick of Gilman.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs