Surnames: Asselin, Deyo, Karlen, Zarada, Krayski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 11/02/1950
Asselin, Leatryce (28 OCT 1950)
Miss Leatryce Asselin, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Layton Asselin, of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Neal Deyo, son of Mrs. Tony Krayski of Cadott, in a ceremony performed by Rev. Shaw at the Methodist Church at Thorp at 2:00 o’clock Saturday afternoon, Oct. 28th, 1950.
The bride was attired in a gown of slipper satin with tiers of ruffled satin trimmed with Spanish lace. Her fingertip veil was edged with Spanish lace and fell from a beaded crown. She carried an orchid bouquet surrounded by baby mums and wore the groom’s gift of a rhinestone necklace.
The couple was attended by Dorval Karlen and Geraldine Zarada, who wore a gold colored satin dress with headband to match and a rhinestone necklace, a gift of the bride. Her flowers were gold chrysanthemums.
Orville Asselin of Eau Claire and Gilbert Asselin of Milwaukee, brothers of the bride, served as ushers.
After the ceremony a wedding reception was held at the American Legion Hall and a dance in the evening.
The newlyweds will spend their honeymoon in Whitewater and Chicago, after which they will be at home to their friends in Cadott, Wis., where the groom is employed in a café.
Out of town guests at the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. Orville Asselin and son Buddy, Eau Claire; Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert Asselin and son Skippy, Mrs. Stanley Ustruck, Mrs. Dick Mattes and son David, of Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Bill Weinberger, Withee; Mr. and Mrs. Gordon Thorson and daughter Kathleen, Owen; Mr. and Mrs. Tony Krayski, Cadott; Mrs. John Pospychala, Rhinelander; Mr. and Mrs. Martin Johnson and son Craig, St. Paul; Mr. and Mrs. Geo. Telford and son Billy, Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Telford, Miss Nancy Mason, Owen; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Wittek and son David, Withee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs