Mary E. (1950)
Surnames: Maier, Stuttgen, Wald, JanDrt, Brzezinski, Schmidt
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 11/09/1950
Stuttgen, Mary E. (21 OCT 1950)
Miss Mary Elizabeth Stuttgen and Gerald Maier were united in marriage Oct. 21, 1950 at St. Ann’s Church in Stanley. The double ring ceremony was performed by Rev. Edwin Kanuf at 9 o’clock before a large group of relatives and friends. The altar was decorated with white gladioli.
Miss Stuttgen is the daughter of Phillip Stuttgen of Stanley, and Gerald Maier is the son of Mr. and Mrs. John Maier of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.).
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore a gown of white satin fashioned with a yoke of nylon net joined to the satin fashioned with a yoke of nylon net joined to the satin at the shoulder with scallops. The full Chantilly lace overskirt was joined in scallops to satin which fell into a long train. The lace sleeves came to a point at the wrist and the net yoke featured a high neckline. Her fingertip veil edged with Chantilly lace was held in place with a lace bonnet edged in seed pearls, the brim and set in back of which were from her mother’s orange blossom wreath. Her only jewelry was a pearl necklace.
The bride’s bouquet was of white pompons, mums and carnations. Her blue rosary was a gift from her sister, Mrs. Rosella Wald, who also designed the attendants’ hats and the satin pillow of the ring bearer.
Mrs. Jerome Stuttgen, Stanley, sister of the bride, was the matron of honor. Her pink satin gown featured a Peter Pan collar of lace, the fitted bodice trimmed with satin and lace ruffles, the full hooped skirt was also designed with a bustle. Her half hat was trimmed with satin and black velvet and her long mitts matched her gown. Her cascade bouquets was of white pompons and pink mums tied with contrasting ribbon.
The bridesmaids were Miss Delores JanDrt, Boyd, a friend of the bride; Mrs. William Brzezinski, Greenwood, sister of the bride, and Miss Alice Ann Schmidt, Hilbert, a friend of the bride. Their gowns were of aqua satin and lace fashioned identically with the one worn by the matron of honor. They wore similar half hats and mitts, each had a cascade bouquet. Their flower earrings and black velvet evening bags were girst of the bride.
The ring bearer was Kenneth Maier, Thorp, brother of the groom. The best man was John Schmidt, cousin of the groom, of Forest Junction. The ushers were Jerome Stuttgen, brother-in-law of the bride, and Ed Maier. Acting as the groomsmen were William Brzezinski, Greenwood, brother-in-law of the bride, and Leonard Maier, brother of the groom.
The groom’s mother wore a dress of black flowered silk with black accessories. She wore a corsage of white carnations.
Dinner was served at Club 73 for 71 relatives and friends at noon, and supper was served for 91, followed by a dance at Mileaway Ballroom in the evening.
After a short wedding trip the couple will make their home at 2347 W. 21st St., Chicago. For traveling the bride wore a gabardine suit with black and green accessories. The bride is a graduate of Stanley High School and has worked at the Farmers Store for several years. The groom is employed with Western Felt Co., Chicago.
Pre-nuptial showers included a kitchen shower given by Mrs. R. V. Boyer, and a miscellaneous shower by Mrs. Jerome Stuttgen and Mrs. LaVerne Johnson.
Out of town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. Nick Jackels, Waupaca; Mr. and Mrs. Henry Schmidt, Kaukauna; Mrs. Mary Schmidt and sons John and Alphonse, Mrs. Bernard Schmidt, Mr. and Mrs. Louis Schmidt, all of Forest Junction; Mr. and Mrs. Math Thiel and children Alice, Ann and Leon, Mr. and Mrs. John Harizheim and Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Gregoire and Kenneth, all of Hilbert; Mr. and Mrs. Donald Barton, Mr. and Mrs. Frank Stuttgen, Mr. and Mrs. Peter Jacobs and family, of Eau Claire; Mr. and Mrs. Gust Jacobs of Menasha; Leo Wald of St. Paul; Mr. and Mrs. Chester Rogalski, Chicago; Mr. and Mrs. Frank Sonnentag, Greenwood.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.