BioM: Hoag, Grace
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Hoag, Scott
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) January 4, 1951
Hoag, Grace (Marriage - 28 December 1950)
James E. Scott, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jess Scott of Neillsville has taken as his bride Grace Hoag of Sparta. Their marriage took place Thursday, Dec. 28, 1950, in St. John’s Lutheran Church, Sparta. They will reside for the immediate future in Highland Park, Ill.; where the bride will continue as a teacher in the public schools for the remainder of this school year.
Mr. Scott is associated with the Portland Cement Association, with headquarters in Chicago. Prior to this work, he had taught at the University of Wisconsin, after his graduation there three years ago.
Mrs. Scott is a graduate of Ripon College and has also taken a secretarial course in Chicago. She has taught in Viroqua, Wis., as well as in Highland Park, and for a time held a secretarial position in a Chicago bank.
At the wedding ceremony the bride was attended by her sister, Helen and the groom by his brother, Robert.
James and his wife, both from Wisconsin, had not met until both were working in the Chicago area. They met through a young married associate of James in the Portland Cement Association.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harlow Hoag of Sparta. Mr. Hoag is in the jewelry business in Sparta. He is known to veterans of the Thirty-Second of the First World War, having played in the regimental band.
The wedding was attended by the Scott family, including Mr. and Mrs. Jess Scott and Rev. and Mrs. Walter Scott.
The Walter Scotts spent the holidays with Walter’s parents in Neillsville, and are now in South Haven, Michigan the home of Mrs. Walter Scott. They will soon leave for their new parish at Silt, Colorado. Robert Scott has returned to his work at the University of Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs