George B. #2 (1920 - 2009)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Moore, Reeder, Thompson, Adkins, Seabold, Hamelink
----Source: Loyal TRG 11 February 2009
Moore, George B. #2 (26 OCT 1920 - 8 FEB 2009)
George B. Moore, 88, King, formerly of Neillsville, died on Sunday, Feb. 8, 2009, in the Wisconsin Veterans Home at King. Visitation will be held from 12:30-1:30 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 13, at the Main Chapel of the Wisconsin Veterans Home at King, until time of a memorial service at !:30 p.m. Chaplain Tracy Hamelink will officiate. Interment will be in the Central Wisconsin Veteran’s Memorial Cemetery at King.
George B. Moore was born on Oct. 26, 1920, in Bloomington, Ill., to Charles and Sylvia (nee Reeder Moore. He married Lois Yvonne Thompson, Lexington, Ill., on Dec. 30, 1944, in Normal, Ill. He served in the U.S. Coast Guard during World War ll. He was a member of the Christian Church in Normal. He earned his bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in education from North Illinois University in DeKalb, Ill. He taught at all grade levels, specializing in vocational education. He raised miniature horses and received national recognition in the show ring. He and his miniature horses were also featured on national television. His miniature horse farm and petting zoo in Neillsville was called Grandpa’s playpen.
Survivors include his wife, Lois;, daughter, Patricia (Joseph) Adkins, Westfield; son, Douglas (Linda) Moore, Owatonna, Minn.; son-in-law, Terry Seabold, Bryan, Ill; 11 grandchildren; four great-grandchildren, and a brother, Donald (Mildred) Moore.
Preceding him in death were his daughter, Cheryl Seabold, his parents; and a brother, Charles Moore.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be directed in the Alzheimer’s foundation or the American Cancer Society in memory of George B. Moore.
The Holly Funeral Home, Waupaca, is assisting the family with arrangements.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs