Obit: Free, Richard E. (1885 - 1951)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Email: dolores@wiclarkcountyhistory.org  

Surnames: Free, Tracy, Gibbs, Tormey, Meyers, Waters, St. Thomas, Zimmerman, McCalvey, Babcock, Alberts, Munson, Pralguske, Stewart, Looker, Crosby

----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) February 22, 1951

Free, Richard E. (12 July 1885 –11 February 1951)

Richard E. Free, 65, has been interred in the Neillsville City Cemetery. He died on Sunday February 11 of a heart attack in the garage at his home. He was buried on Wednesday February 14. Services were conducted from the funeral home in Owen with Dr. K. O. Crosby officiating.

Mr. Free was born July 12, 1885. On July 23, 1907 he was married to Agnes Tracy, who survives. For 30 years he served the community of Withee as a rural mail carrier, retiring in October, 1943. He served as assessor of the village of Withee the past two years.

Surviving children are a son, William of Milwaukee and two daughters, Mrs. J. M. (Mary) Gibbs of Tacoma, Wash., and Mrs. C. L. (Aleda) Tormey of Withee. In addition there are two brothers, Thomas of Neillsville and George of Hamilton, Wash., and six sisters, Mrs. M. L. (Helen) Meyers of Neillsville, Mrs. W. (Beatrice) Waters, of Humbird, Mr. G. F. (May) St. Thomas of St. Paul, Minn., Mrs. H. F. (Ruth) Zimmerman of Madelia, Minn., Mrs. R. (Marion) McCalvey of Pequecot Lakes, Minn., Mrs. R. D. (Beth) Babcock of Coffeeville, Kans.

Pallbearers were: Clinton Alberts, Minus Munson, Julius Pralguske, Frank Tormey, Art Stewart of Withee and Cecil Looker of Owen.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE