Obit: Schlinsog, Louise (1877 - 1971)

Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
E-mail: dolores@wiclarkcountyhistory.org 

Surnames: Schlinsog, Borchardt, Handt, Zahnow, Snyder, Cavallo, Hulse, Heimke, Miller, Wutke, Wegner, Mellentine, Trieloff, Billman, Bezlyk, Hillert, Litzer

----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co, WI) 4/08/1971

Schlinsog, Louise (26 November 1877 - 1 April 1971)

Funeral services for Mrs. Herman A. (Louise) Schlinsog, 93, of Memorial Home, who died April 1, were held on Monday April 5, at 1:30 p.m. from Zion American Lutheran Church in the Town of Grant. The Rev. Daniel Litzer of Calvary Lutheran Church, Neillsville, officiated. And burial was made in the Zion Cemetery. The Georgas Funeral home was in charge of arrangements.

Louise Schlinsog, the daughter of Frederick and Wilhelmina (Borchardt) Handt was born November 26, 1877, in the town of Grant, where she received her education. As a young girl she was employed in Milwaukee for several years.

Following her marriage to Herman A. Schlinsog on November 8, 1905, at Zion American Lutheran Church in the Town of Grant, she and her husband farmed in the Town of York for 35 years. After retirement and until Mr. Schlinsog’s death in 1944 they continued to live on the farm now owned by their son. She then made her home with her children until June of 1965 when she entered Memorial Home in Neillsville, where she resided until the time of her death. Mrs. Schlinsog was a member of Zion American Lutheran Church in the Town of Grant and its ALCW.

Survivors include three children: Mrs. Walter (Lillian) Zahnow of Neillsville, Mrs. J. V. (Alma) Snyder of Eugene, Ore.’ And Harold Schlinsog of Rt. 1 Granton; two sisters, Mrs. Anna Cavallo of Buffalo, N.Y., and Mrs. Selma Hulse of Rathdrum, Id.; nine grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.

Pallbearers were: Gerald Heimke, Steve Schlinsog, Anton Bezlyk, Gary Wegner, and Everett and John Handt. Martin Hillert sang “What a Friend We Have in Jesus.” The hymns “Jesus Lover of My Soul” and “Rock of Ages” were sung by the congregation. The accompanist was M. Schlinsog.

Those from out-of-town who attended the services included Mrs. J. V. Snyder of Eugene, Ore., Gerald Heimke of Elmwood, Mr. and Mrs. Louis Miller of North Chicago, Ill., Mr. and Mrs. Norman Miller of Colby, Ardath Wutke and Mr. and Mrs. Ivan Wutke of Whitewater, Mr. and Mrs. Gerald E. Wegner of Clintonville, Art Mellentine of Spencer, Mr. and Mrs. Carl Trieloff of Janesville, and Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Billman of Abbotsford. Many others from Loyal, Granton, Chili, and Neillsville were also in attendance.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE