Barbara A. (1951)
Surnames: Przybylski, Kosik, Jaworek, Grabowski, Lobacz, Levien, Wegner, Ciolkosz, Kotecki
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 05/17/1951
Przybylski, Barbara A. (5 MAY 1951)
A very pretty wedding took place at St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church here at 10:00 o’clock on Saturday morning, May 5th, 1951, when Father Francis Piekarski joined in holy matrimony, Barbara Ann Przybylski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edward V. Przybylski, and Joseph S. Kosik, son of Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Kosik, all of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.).
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore a white satin gown with rhinestone and embroidery outlining the nylon yoke. Her veil of imported French illusion edged in lace was held in place by a beaded tiara. White roses and gloxinia centered with an orchid, formed her bouquet. She also wore a cross with ruby stones, the groom’s gift.
The groom was attired in a tuxedo.
As matron of honor, Mrs. Sophie Jaworek, Chicago, wore a blue taffeta gown trimmed in lace, carrying a bouquet of blue carnations with light yellow tea roses.
Miss Bernice Przybylski, Thorp, as her sister’s bridesmaid, wore a yellow taffeta gown. Miss Amelia Grabowski, Minneapolis, the bridegroom’s cousin, wore a lilac gown, and Miss Vivian Wegner, Thorp, cousin of the bride, wore a pink dress. Pastel green was the shared worn by Miss Sylvia Ciolkosz, Chicago. The gowns of the aides were styled like the matron of honor’s dress and they carried bouquets of carnations and tea roses to match their gowns.
Acting as best man was Edward Lobacz, Greenwood, Wis. Groomsmen were Clarence Kotecki, Joe Levien, and Louis Przybylski, all of Thorp.
Following the ceremony, a reception was held in the P.N.A. Hall in Thorp. The bride’s mother wore an aqua dress with pink accessories, and the bridegroom’s mother chose a navy blue dress. White and red roses formed their corsages.
For her wedding trip the bride was attired in a black taffeta dress with a gray coat. They will spend their honeymoon in southern Wisconsin and the Dells, and upon their return will make their home on a farm near Thorp.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs