Lucille L. #2 (1944)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Schulz, Brecker, Awe, Witt
The Loyal Tribune 30 November 1944
Schulz, Lucille L. #2 (16 NOV 1944)
Mr. and Mrs. Ernst W. Schulz of the town of Colby announces the marriage of their daughter, Lucille L. Schulz, to David C. Brecker, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Brecker of the town of Beaver, which took place on Thursday afternoon, Nov. 16, at 2 o’clock in the Zion Evangelical Lutheran church at Colby, Wis. The Rev. O. Hoffmann officiated at the double ring ceremony. Solos were rendered by the bride’s sisters; Miss Elaine Schulz sang "O Promise Me," and Miss Minerva Schulz sang "The Lord’s Prayer."
Given in marriage by her father, the bride was attended by the groom’s sister, Miss Elaine Brecker, as maid of honor, and by Miss Ruth Awe, cousin of the groom, as bridesmaid. The groom was attended by the bride’s brother, Julius Schulz, as best man, and Harlan Witt, as groomsman.
The bride was attired in a white ninon gown, styled with a lace bodice with a sweetheart neckline and long pointed sleeves. Her full length veil was caught to a beaded cornet. Chrysanthemums and pink roses formed her bouquet.
The maid of honor wore a blue brocaded gown with matching blusher veil, and the bridesmaid ware a similar pink brocaded satin gown with matching blusher veil. Each carried colonial bouquets.
A 7 o’clock reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents, with about 50 guests served. The home was decorated with blue, white and pink streamers, and a large wedding cake decorated the bride’s table.
In the evening a wedding dance was given at the Wiedenhoeft pavilion, near Colby, Wis.
The newlyweds will make their home on the farm with the groom’s parents.
The Loyal Tribune joins their many friends in wishing them a long and happy journey through life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs