Surnames: Papierniak, Pitt, , Kenney, Pabich, Spychalla, Ebben, Mauel, Skwierczynski, Wojtalewicz
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 12/13/1951
Papierniak, Dorothy (4 NOV 1951)
Miss Dorothy Papierniak, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Louis P. Papierniak of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Gilbert Pitt, son of Mrs. Gunda Pitt of Thorp and Gilbert Pitt Sr., of Eau Claire, in a ceremony performed by Rev. F. Piekarski at St. Hedwig’s Church on the morning of Nov. 4th, 1951.
The church was beautifully decorated for the occasion with palms and colored chrysanthemums. Joseph Pabich, uncle of the bride, sang "Oh Mother Dear For Me" as the bride carried a bouquet of white chrysanthemums to the altar of the Blessed Virgin.
The bride was beautifully gowned in blush pink slipper satin. The fitted bodice, long pointed sleeves and Queen Ann collar was made of entirely of imported French Chantilly lace beaded with iridescent sequins and seed pearls. The skirt and chapel length train had hand appliquéd French Chantilly lace reaching to the waist also beaded with seed pearls and sequins. A fingertip hand appliquéd veil, sprinkled with iridescent sequins fell from a beaded seed pearl Juliet Cloque. She wore a sing strand of pearls with rhinestone clasp, a gift of the groom.
She carried a white mother of pearl prayer book decorated with a white orchid with a colored tin and stephanotis.
Attending the couple were Louis Papierniak Jr., brother of the bride, as best man, and Carol Papierniak, cousin of the bride, as first bridesmaid. Other attending couples were Donald Pitt, brother of the groom and Allene Kenney, Richard Pabich, cousin of the bride, and Audrey Spychalla, and Leonard Ebben and Colette Mauel. Junior bridesmaids were: Judith Papierniak, sister of the bride, and Patsy Skwierczynski, cousin of the bride, Robert and Edward Wojtalewicz were ushers.
The bridesmaids and two junior bridesmaids wore faille taffeta gowns in fall shades of melon, red, gold, forest green and soft green. The gowns were princess style with full hooped skirt and beaded heart shaped bodice. Matching long gauntlets and snug fitting beaded caps were worn along with single strand rhinestone necklaces, gift of the bride. They carried colonial bouquets of pompon chrysanthemums in varied shades of yellow, bronze and white, surrounded by gold lace ribbon, and colored ribbon streamers in shades to match their gowns.
The bride and groom’s mothers wore corsages of yellow and white pompons and the grandmothers’ corsages were of orchid pompons.
The groom and his attendants wore dark tuxedos with carnations boutonnieres. The groom’s gist to his attendants was gold cuff links.
A 12 o’clock dinner was served for the immediate family followed by a five o’clock reception for 300 guests at St. Hedwig’s Parish Hall.
A beautifully decorated 85-pound, 4-tier wedding cake with 2-side doll cakes adorned the bride’s table. The wedding cake, a gift of the bride and groom, was made by Mr. and Mrs. Walter Skwiercyznski of Chicago.
The bride graduated from Thorp High School with the class of 1948 and St. Joseph’s School of Nursing at Marshfield with the class of 1951. The groom also graduated from Thorp High School with the class of 1947, and after graduation served in the U.S. Army.
The young couple are residing at 2928 North 50th St., Milwaukee, Wis. They are both employed in Milwaukee; Dorothy is nursing at Milwaukee County General Hospital and Gilbert is employed at Kelvinator-Nash Corp.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs