Patricia Ann (1951)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Castens, Gerber, Miller, Rossow, Schlichting, Gaedecke, Flaxhart, Berkes, Fresc, Pennekamp, Elmhorst, Dahling, Knippa
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) May 17, 1951
Castens, Patricia Ann (Marriage - 12 May 1951)
Miss Patricia Ann Castens, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Castens, 2845 W. Easton Pl., Tulsa, Oklahoma, became the bride of Alfred E. Gerber of Ellington Air Base, son of Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Gerber of Neillsville, on May 12, 1951 at 7 o’clock, at the Lutheran Church of Our Savior in Tulsa. The Rev. Clarence W. Knippa performed the double ring ceremony.
Vows were exchanged before an altar banked with baskets of seasonal flowers against a background of woodwardia ferns and lighted tapers in candelabras. The pews were marked with white satin bows and English Ivy.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, chose a gown of the traditional white slipper satin featuring a Basque bodice, closed at the back with tiny self covered buttons, a drop-shoulder collar with an Alencon lace yoke; the full skirt extended into a cathedral train. A cloche of sat in and lace held a two tiered finger-tip veil of sheer illusion. She carried a shower bouquet of carnations, centered with an orchid.
Mrs. Gordon Miller as matron of honor was attired in pink taffeta faille; Miss Esther Rossow and Miss Joyce Schlichting were bridesmaids.
Harland Gerber of Eau Claire, brother of the groom, acted as best man, and Erwin Gaedecke and Gordon Miller were groomsmen. Edward Flaxhart and Donald Berkes served as ushers and Lowell Gerber, brother of the groom, lighted the tapers. The traditional wedding music was played by Margaret Fresc and Vera Pennekamp was the soloist.
Following the ceremony a wedding reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents for approximately 200 guests. The young couple left the following day for a honeymoon trip to the Carlsbad Caverns, after which they will be at home at Houston, Texas.
Relatives attending the wedding included Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Gerber and sons, Walter and Lowell of Neillsville, Harland Gerber of Eau Clarie, Mrs. Clara Elmhorst and Walter Dahling of Bourbonnais, Ill.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.