BioM: Bolton, Marguerite (1949)
Surnames: Bolton, Smasal, Luebber, Gaspar, Kidd, Wilson, Stehr
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 03/17/1949
Bolton, Marguerite (26 JAN 1949)
Soft candlelight and large baskets of mixed flowers formed the setting for the single ring ceremony uniting in marriage Miss Marguerite Bolton, youngest daughter of Mrs. Jesse Wilson of Cashmere, to Donald L. Smasal, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Smasal of Withee (Clark Co.), Wis. The nuptials were performed by the Rev. Paul A. Stecher on Jan. 26, 1949 at 9 o’clock in the morning in the St. Joseph’s Catholic Church.
The bride, given in marriage by her eldest brother, Charles Bolton, was lovely in an exquisite gown of creamy white satin with a yoke of white net and rows of lace, giving an off the shoulder effect. She wore her sister’s veil which was fingertip in length and held in place by a tiara of net trimmed with seed pearls. The bride carried a prayer book on which rested a white orchid. Her only jewelry was a strand of pearls.
Matron of honor was Mrs. Virgil Luebber, sister of the bride, who wore a gown of pink chiffon with fitted bodice and full skirt, matching mitts and bandeau of flowers. She carried a crescent bouquet of mixed flowers.
George Gaspar, friend of the couple, was best man and serving as ushers were Virgil Luebber and Kenneth Bolton, brother of the bride. During the ceremony Mrs. Arthur Kidd sang "Ave Maria," and "Our Father," accompanied by Mrs. Rudolph Etzkorn at the organ.
For her daughter’s wedding, Mrs. Wilson chose a gray crepe dress with a corsage of pink carnations.
A reception and wedding breakfast for friends and relatives followed the ceremony at Poe’s where the bride and groom cut the traditional first piece of their attractively decorated cake. Mrs. August Stehr, sister of the bride, continued serving.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs