BioM: Leichtnam, Alice Ruth #2 (1941)
Surnames: Leichtnam, Prochnow, Schedler, Brandt, Kraut, Newmann, Steward, Tischendorf, Winchell, Larson, Nelson, Dahl, Johnson, Atzin, Maash, Liberty, Teske, Haehike, Polzin, Nebb
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wisconsin) 11/06/1941
Leichtnam, Alice Ruth (Marriage - 1 Nov. 1941)
Given in marriage by her father, Miss Alice Ruth Leichtnam, became the bride of Earl E. Prochnow, of Athens, Saturday afternoon at two o’clock in Christ Evangelical Lutheran church. The Rev. Herman Schedler of Athens performed the double ring service. During the ceremony, Mrs. Schedler sang "O Promise Me" accompanied at the organ by Miss Leota Brandt who also played the wedding marches.
Ribbons of white and aqua marked the pews and vases of flowers decorated the church altar.
The bride, who is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Leichtnam chose for her wedding a gown of unadorned white slipper satin, made with a sweetheart neckline and lovers’ knot front. An orange blossom head piece held her veil which trailed in billowing clouds to the very end of the very long train of her gown. Baby chrysanthemums showered from her bridal bouquet of small white chrysanthemums centered with an orchid.
Attending her as maid of honor was Miss Audrey Prochnow, Athens, sister of the groom.
Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Leichtnam, brother and sister-in-law of the bride, attended the couple as best man and matron of honor.
The Misses Dorothy Prochnow, Milwaukee, and Marie Kraut, Colby, were bridesmaids and David Newmann, Milwaukee and Harold Steward, Athens, were ushers.
Miss Judy Leichtnam, little niece of the bride, acted as flower girl and Bobby Leichtnam, nephew of the bride, was ring bearer.
The attendants were all gowned in frocks made alike: full skirts with sweetheart neck lines on black velvet bodices which extended in serrated points into the skirt. Each attendant wore a string of pearls, the gift of the bride, black slippers, baby chrysanthemums to match her frock in her hair and carried matching bouquets of long stemmed large chrysathemums from which showers of baby chrysanthemums fell to the hem line.
The color scheme was white for the maid of honor, aqua for the matron of honor and yellow for the two bridesmaids.
The little flower girl wore a frock made similar to that worn by the maid of honor with a white skirt and black velvet top. She carried a basket of flowers.
The ring bearer carried the two rings on a satin pillow.
Following the ceremony a reception was held at the home of the bride’s parents and covers were laid for dinner for 85 guests. A huge three tiered decorated wedding cake with a bride and groom was the centerpiece on the bride’s table. Streamers of white, aqua and yellow fastened with white wedding bells were used in the home decorations.
In the evening a wedding dance was held at Prochnow’s Ball Room.
Mr. and Mrs. Prochnow left on a wedding trip and are expected to return by Sunday. They will make their home with the groom’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Emil Prochnow.
The bride is a graduate of the Colby High School and the Eau Claire School of Beauty Culture. For the past two years and a half she has assisted at Pearl’s beauty shop at Colby, Wis.
The groom is a graduate of the Athens High School and also attended school in Minneapolis. He is assisting his parents on the home place.
Among those from away who attended the wedding included: Mr. and Mrs. Gus Tischendorf, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Winchell and son, Ernest, Mr. and Mrs. Albert Winchell and daughters, Dorchester; Mr. and Mrs. Milton Larson and sons, Mrs. Alvin Nelson and family, Ogema; Mrs. George Dahl, Minocqua; Mr. and Mrs. George Johnson, Mr. and Mrs. Melvin Atzin and daughter, Jean, Chicago; Lester Maash, Ixonia; Miss Leah Liberty, Wausau; Mr. and Mrs. Emil Prochnow, Mr. and Mrs. William Teske and family, Casper Nebb, Athens; Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Haehike and family, Stratford; Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Polzin, Stanley; Miss Betty Jane Leichtnam, Chippewa Falls.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs