BioM: Pawlak, Gertrude L. #2 (1950)
Surnames: Pawlak, Milligan, Myatt, Berg, Wilson, Amyzeski, Morgan, Bonczyk
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 03/16/1950
Pawlak, Gertrude #2 (18 FEB 1950)
Gertrude Lorraine Pawlak, daughter of the Frank Pawlaks of 2814 Illinois Av., South Gate, repeated the nuptial vows with Richard R. Milligan, now stationed at Hamilton Air Field and the son of Mrs. W. L. Myatt, Garland, Texas, in February. The ceremonies were officiated at by Father Anthony Kelly in St. Helen’s Catholic Church at South Gate.
Rich white candlelight satin and delicate French imported lace was the wedding gown worn by the bride, with long sleeves, bertha and peplums of lace, with a court train. The fingertip veil fell from a dainty tiara of seed pearls and matching lace.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride carried a cascade of white carnations centered with an orchid. Wedding jewelry was a double strand of pearls, a gift of the groom. Pearl necklaces worn by the three attendants were gifts from the bride.
Norma E. Berg, maid of honor, was gowned in pink taffeta, with a headdress of matching taffeta and net. Her flowers were talisman rose buds with white carnations. Janet Wilson was bridesmaid, while Sandra Pawlak, niece of the bride, and Delores Amyzeski were junior bridesmaids. They wore frocks of apple green taffeta with matching headdresses and carried bouquets of pink carnations with pink accents.
Murle Morgan attended the bridegroom. Ushers were Michael Bonczyk and Philip Pawlak, brother of the bride. The bridegroom and his attendants wore their service uniforms.
Among the nuptial selections played by the organist preceding and during the ceremony were, "The Lord’s Prayer," "Because" and "Thine Alone."
After the ceremony a wedding dinner…(I missed some of the article that must have been on a different page)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs