BioM: Knoop, Adeline R (1951)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surname: Knoop, Schoenherr, Schewe, Spiegel, Blaney, Galstad, Lehman, Engren, Teska, Swanson, Korth, Juncheon, Mannigel
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) October 25, 1951
Knoop, Adeline (Marriage - 21 October 1951)
Miss Adeline R. Knoop, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Knoop, became the bride of Theodore F. Schoenherr, son of Mr. and Mrs. Eric Schoenherr, on Sunday, October 21. The double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. Alfred Schewe at St. John’s Lutheran Church at 7:30 p.m. Vows were repeated before an altar banked with baskets of yellow and white mums.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, was attired in a claret wine suit with gold accessories. Her shoulder corsage was of yellow roses. Miss Florence Knoop, who acted as her sister’s maid of honor, wore a forest green suit with grey accessories and a corsage of pink roses. The groom was attended by Robert Spiegel. Robert and Ervin Knoop, brothers of the bride, and Lewis Blaney, the groom’s brother-in-law, acted as ushers.
Wilfred Galstad san "Today O Lord" accompanied by Victor Lehman, who also played the wedding march.
Following the wedding a reception for 100 guests was held in the Lutheran School. The young couple is now honeymooning in Northern Wisconsin and upon their return will reside in Neillsville.
The bride was graduated from the local high school and from the Winona Business College and is now employed at the First National Bank. The groom is employed by the Wadhams Oil Company.
Guests present for the ceremony included Mr. and Mrs. Walter Engren, Mrs. Amelia Teska, Robert and Marge Teska of St. Paul; Mr. and Mrs. Harry Swanson of La Crosse; Mrs. Louis Knoop of Tyler, Minn.; Mr. and Mrs. Louis Korth, Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. Walter Juncheon of Oshkosh; Mr. and Mrs. Warren Korth, Albert and James Mannigel and Clara Knoop of Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs