BioM: Theisen, Edith Elizabeth (1944)
Surnames: Theisen, Reeves, O’Shaughnessy, Mleziva, Lillquist, Lattimer, Barden, Firnstahl, Schultz, Harry, Hoppe
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 05/04/1944
Theisen, Edith Elizabeth (Marriage - 29 Apr. 1944)
A large number of friends and relatives assembled in St. James Catholic church at Wausau Saturday morning at 9:00 o’clock to witness the lovely all white wedding of Miss Edith Elizabeth Theisen, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William J. Theisen, Wausau, to Gerry H. Reeves, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harold E. Reeves, Abbotsford, Wis.
The nuptial mass was celebrated by the Rt. Rev. Msgr. T. E. O’Shaughnessy. Lighted tapers reflecting the marble altars and vases of cut flowers formed an attractive setting for the ceremony.
The bride, who walked down the white carpeted aisle unescorted, wore a gown of French marquisette. The dress was styled with a sweetheart neckline and fitted bodice, which came to points in the front and back. The long, tapered sleeves ended in points over the wrists. The very full skirt swept into a long train which was edged with a pleated ruffle of the marquisette. A ruffle of the same material, starting beneath the shoulders, circled the neckline, forming a princess collar. Her double finger tip illusion veil fell from a tiny Juliet cap of seed pearls. For her flowers, the bride chose a sheath of calla lilies caught with a large, white satin bow.
Miss Ann Mleziva, a close friend of the bride, was the maid of honor. Her gown of white frosted organdy over taffeta was styled with a heart shaped neckline, fitted bodice and full skirt. The sleeves were bracelet length. She wore a matching half hat and carried a pyramid shaped colonial bouquet of red roses and white and pink carnations, tied with white satin streamers.
Miss Shan Lillquist, Winona, Minn., 6 year old niece of the bride, served as junior bridesmaid. She wore a colonial frock of white chiffon styled with rose patterned lace bodice, square neck line, short puffed sleeved and basque front. The very full skirt had a wide insert of lace matching the bodice. In her hair she wore a tiara of pink and white flowers and carried a tiny colonial bouquet, a replica of the maid of honor’s bouquet. She also wore a long white formal gloves.
Russell Theisen, a brother of the bride, served as best man and Edwin H. Lattimer and Frank Barden were the ushers.
A dinner for 45 guests was held at high noon in the Crystal ball room of the Hotel Wausau. The table was attractively decorated with bowls of cut flowers, white tapers and a three-tiered wedding cake. A reception for 150 guests followed throughout the afternoon in the ball room. The fireplace, with lighted tapers and cut flowers, formed an attractive background for the punch bowl. Miss Nelson played piano selections during the reception and the bride, at the request of her friends, sang several solos.
Among the relatives attending the wedding from this vicinity were Mr. and Mrs. Harold E. Reeves, son, Ronald, of Abbotsford; Mr. and Mrs. Herbert Firnstahl and children, Mr. and Mrs. Donald Schultz, and Mrs. William Harry, Colby; Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Hoppe and F. H. Hoppe, Neillsville.
For her going away outfit, the bride chose a gold dressmaker suit, with green and gold accessories. She carried a brown wool coat.
The groom is a graduate of the Abbotsford high school, class of 1940. After completing a business course at the Vocational school at Wausau, he was employed at the Radandt Furniture store until he left for the army. He received an honorable discharge on Sept. 25, 1943, and has since been employed by the Sinclair Refining Corporation, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Mr. and Mrs. Reeves left on a honeymoon trip to Chicago and will make their home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The bride, who is becoming known for her singing ability, will continue her voice training in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Before her marriage she was employed at the Employers Mutual home office in Wausau.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs